• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If I wanted to dive into the "new" Valiant Universe...

37 posts in this topic

where should I start? I'd like to read to catch up, and I am not that interested in it for collection purposes.

Thanks in advance for the advice!

I figured this one would be different since I don't give a rats about variants/print runs/etc! Thanks for the votes of confidence and zero info guys!!! :headbang:

I figured this one would be different since I don't give a rats about variants/print runs/etc! Thanks for the votes of confidence and zero info guys!!! :headbang:

it's what we do best....carry on.

I'd go with harbinger 1 and x-o manowar issue 1. and go from there. Not too many characters, cohesive stories, inoffensive art. I dont' know if there are trades or not.

assuming you're talking about the 2012 reboot of valiant. Otherwise I'm out.

Valiant made the first arc trades $9.99, which is often discounted... they are a good way to get started.

X-O Manowar, Harbinger, Bloodshot, and Archer & Armstrong were the first 4 titles.

Other titles followed... if you want to read individual books in the order they were released, this site has them by date.

(Ignore the variants, as you mentioned)

http://valiantdatabase.com/releases/veibydate

Rai is up to issue #8, so there are two arcs in print. They have a distinctive visual (Clayton Crain) and are set in the year 4001, so you can read them any time.

Valiant made the first arc trades $9.99, which is often discounted... they are a good way to get started.

X-O Manowar, Harbinger, Bloodshot, and Archer & Armstrong were the first 4 titles.

Other titles followed... if you want to read individual books in the order they were released, this site has them by date.

(Ignore the variants, as you mentioned)

http://valiantdatabase.com/releases/veibydate

Rai is up to issue #8, so there are two arcs in print. They have a distinctive visual (Clayton Crain) and are set in the year 4001, so you can read them any time.

Now THAT is good info. Thanks a million!

it's what we do best....carry on.

I don't mean to laugh because I know the OP was asking a simple question, but that is funny.

I'd go to instocktrades.com and pickup the harbinger and XO vol 1 trades. If you're not looking to collect the trades are the best route. Also, pop over to www.valiantfans.com and you'll find all your Valiant questions get answered!

Rai will also need until August for Issue #9. You have time.

Wait -- what?

:ohnoez: I thought they were never late!

It's not late, VEI has stated they will publish 9 books a month. They've put Rai on hold to publish a couple of mini-series. Once the mini-series end then they'll resume the regular series.