• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Silver Surfer 44

111 posts in this topic

It is my contention that every single comic book on the market, that has any value past grading fees, is inflated by speculation.That was my earlier point, there is no inherent value in comic books.The value is what the market will bear.

---------------------------------------------------

Avengers Annual 7 has been on the expensive side for a long time. The movie stuff has just taken it to another level.

It is my contention that every single comic book on the market, that has any value past grading fees, is inflated by speculation.That was my earlier point, there is no inherent value in comic books.The value is what the market will bear.

---------------------------------------------------

Avengers Annual 7 has been on the expensive side for a long time. The movie stuff has just taken it to another level.

FTR< regarding my quote that every comic has no inherent value, I was speaking literally.

As in EVERY comic, not just the books being discussed in this thread.

Action Comics # 1, Amazing Fantasy # 15 and so on, included.

Regarding Avengers Annual # 7:

Agreed, it has been on the expensive side for quite a while and movie related stuff has taken it to another level.

I think it *still* has some untapped potential, once more collectors realize it holds more signifigance than it does as a "death of Thanos " issue.

If CGC gets hip to labeling the book, as it is described in this auction, I'd expect it to rise the GPA to spike quickly.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Avengers-Annual-7-Jim-Starlin-Thanos-1st-Appearance-of-the-Infinity-Stones-NM-/231484284119?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35e589dcd7

I have one very high grade copy, being prepped for grading now, and I also have 2 lower grades, which I'm not in a huge rush to sell, either.....I'm going to wait til CGC's notes reflect the above til I submit the higher grade ;)

Edit:

Looks like the auction link is dead, I'm going to have to pull up the notes on its' ebay number to post the link.

Holy bleep. This book is $200 for graded 9.6 copies? It really is an amazing time to sell comics right now...

$200 for SS 44 9.6's?

I didn't know it was *THAT* high......I had figured 9.6's were around a $100 with 9.8's at $225-$250.At least that was the breakdown on #44, the last time I looked....which was a while back, actually.Maybe 2 months ago.