• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Justice League Magic Mike cover

92 posts in this topic

I don't find the cover offensive. I get the humor aspect of it. But I think it's just o.k. I see it more of a missed opportunity.

They could have done a swipe of the Wild Bunch. That would've been cool.

If their target audience were 105-year-olds.

I guess I'm the only closeted straight guy that's seen magic mike.

This cover is great.

Hey, Olivia Munn (as well as Mircea Monroe) gets topless in it, there's something for everyone!

This cover is great.

Hey, Olivia Munn (as well as Mircea Monroe) gets topless in it, there's something for everyone!

I'm more of a bottomless kind of guy.

DC sucks. They chose some lame movie posters to do as covers.

some were good. I liked beetle juice and purple rain posters. I was hoping for a Godfather poster. and top gun. star wars. but I think someone mentioned they were most likely restricted to movies that were under warner brothers.

I don't find the cover offensive. I get the humor aspect of it. But I think it's just o.k. I see it more of a missed opportunity.

Yeah, because all the kids today can't stop talking about Gone With the Wind. :eyeroll:

Yeah, because all the kids today can't stop talking about Gone With the Wind. :eyeroll:

[font:Book Antiqua]I see your point...

That is an Acquired Taste,

not for kids with pimples.[/font]

Actually, my point is: i don't think DC has stratigcallly picked these movies because they think they are the movies that their readers - their target audience - likes best.

I think they're trying to pick movies that match the comic title in a humorous or ironic way and at the same time find movies that represent a wide variety of catagories and eras.

Magic Mike is representative of a film from the last couple years and is a genre that is pretty different from the rest. I get it.

I was just musing that the Wild Bunch would have been another intersting choice as it's a film about aged gun-slingers and the Justice League is a team of heroes that have been around - in one form or another - since the Golden Age. .

And westerns (sort of) and '60's movies have had some representation in these covers, so I didn't think the choice would be too out there.

And I like Wild Bunch better than Magic Mike

I'm not gay or female and I blught give copies. I actually think is awesome.

This cover is great.

First you say you're not gay and then you say you're a closeted straight guy (Implying you're gay but your straightness is in the closet)...which is it??

This cover is great.

First you say you're not gay and then you say you're a closeted straight guy (Implying you're gay but your straightness is in the closet)...which is it??

I think he's trying to say that he sucks, nonetheless.

This cover is great.

I think he's trying to say that he sucks, nonetheless.

lol