• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Justice League Magic Mike cover

92 posts in this topic

lol man you are really offended by people disliking this cover? Put your money where your mouth is and buy one of the million copies on eBay selling for below cover because few people think it's a cover worth looking at.

lol man you are really offended by people disliking this cover? Put your money where your mouth is and buy one of the million copies on eBay selling for below cover because few people think it's a cover worth looking at.

I don't really get offended by stuff like this. That's for the PC crowd. But as an homage to the Magic Mike movie poster it does a pretty good job. Like it, don't like it, whatever. But the idea that shirtless dudes are not "kid friendly" is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. What do these people do when they go to a beach? Or watch a Sunkist commercial? Who will protect all these children from the plague of shirtless dudes?

lol

Go get 'em, tiger!

What aspect of shirtless dudes is not kid friendly or offensive?

Boxers and MMA fighters are shirtless.

All the dudes on boats and at swimming pools in the summer are shirtless.

Namor, Ka-Zar, Tarzan, the Thing and Absorbing Man are shirtless every time they appear.

There have been a lot of stupid tempests in a lot of stupid teapots, but this is possibly the stupidest.

Grow up, .

l5l9l.jpg

:sick:

I just saw the cover at Midtown Comics n NY. DC and Jim Lee (as co-publisher) are pulling out every lame gimmick from the 1990's.

I can't see this helping their credibility. All the more reason to stop reading modern era comics.

At least post the cover you're complaining about. :screwy:

tumblr_nghmizyKFy1qalb61o1_r1_1280.png

can't wait for the tumblr feminist campaign to get this banned for objectifying men...

Namor, Ka-Zar, Tarzan, the Thing and Absorbing Man are shirtless every time they appear.

There have been a lot of stupid tempests in a lot of stupid teapots, but this is possibly the stupidest.

Grow up, .

l5l9l.jpg

l5leg.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Maker

Grow up, .

l5l9l.jpg

l5lix.jpg

Grow up, .

l5l9l.jpg

l5lix.jpg

lol

Carry on.

Put me on record as liking the cover. Definitely like it better than the BORING regular cover.

Honestly though, when I first saw the press release for it, my initial reaction was that it would be a hard sell for a lot of male collectors for sheer insecurity over their sexuality. I wonder if that is playing into some of the dislike for the book, since it is now a hot 1st appearance book that wannabe-collectors are feeling like they can't pick up at their LCS for pure embarrassment.

Dammit, DC, don't make us choose between our money and our masculinity! :pullhair:

Put me on record as liking the cover. Definitely like it better than the BORING regular cover.

Honestly though, when I first saw the press release for it, my initial reaction was that it would be a hard sell for a lot of male collectors for sheer insecurity over their sexuality. I wonder if that is playing into some of the dislike for the book, since it is now a hot 1st appearance book that wannabe-collectors are feeling like they can't pick up at their LCS for pure embarrassment.

Dammit, DC, don't make us choose between our money and our masculinity! :pullhair:

I like variants that have something to do with the book itself. If I passed on buying this variant it would be more because it's pretty boring, not really related to the title, and (as much of a fan of Jason Fabok's work as I am) this is not well executed.

Also whomever colored this cover really did their best to muddy the artwork underneath.

I like variants that have something to do with the book itself. If I passed on buying this variant it would be more because it's pretty boring, not really related to the title, and (as much of a fan of Jason Fabok's work as I am) this is not well executed.

Also whomever colored this cover really did their best to muddy the artwork underneath.

So, you blame the colors, the theme, the poses....?