• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Reading The Ultimates 2 Series ***SPOILERS***

6 posts in this topic

The pacing of this series makes me understand why so many collectors just wait for the tpb! frustrated.gif

Not very happy seeing ball-busting Betty go all weepy there, but you know, whatever. But how cool was it that they nuked bruce banner?! Not that he's dead or anything, but still -- way to go!

And next issue or two will have a Thor vs. the Ultimates throw down, I can feel it coming.

Normally, I don't mind pacing like this at all AND I think the writing Millar is doing here is really fantastic- above average for him (and I like Millar's stuff to begin with.)

The thing is, I read The Ultimates for the big budget, popcorn movie action of it all and I'm not really getting that fix with Ultimates 2. I can see where he's going- the threat of violence is everywhere with Thor, The Hulk, Loki, etc. and when it does come it's probably going to be insane. Still...

The "double-cross" Fury scene was pretty cool but I couldn't get that "walking away" theme music from the Hulk TV series out of my head while reading the last page! Sniff...sniff... tongue.gif

It reminded me of the ending to Silence of the Lambs! 893whatthe.gif

Love the story so far though - Millar and Hitch are the best. cloud9.gif