• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GGA comics, mens adventure magazines and paperbacks

32 posts in this topic

Recently returned from another trip to India - which for those of you who are interested I'll give a full account of in the Serendip thread once I find some time. (Still sorting through photos.) Ongoing help to some village people - helping someone build a house, putting three students through college - so putting up a medley of comics, men's adventure magazines (including some from an immaculate OO collection that are quite stunning) and a handful of sleaze and sci fi paperbacks. I'll group some of these in lots for lesser items. They'll all be priced to sell at far below my cost.

Serendipity

None of the items listed here are listed anywhere else.

Read this first:

:takeit: wins over pm's.

Payment terms

PayPal, (or cheque in the UK only).

Shipping

I am based in the United Kingdom.

Ordinary airmail will be $10 for the first book plus $2 per book thereafter. I'll offer discounts where possible - especially on cheaper lots.

Expedited shipping from UK to US will be $30 (it will cost me more, so please don't ask for free shipping! But I'll cut a deal where I can).

I pack books very carefully.

No HOSers, probies or trolls allowed! In the immortal words of my good buddy and fellow boardie near mint "you are dead to me".

Okay, here is the group of high grade OO men's adventure mags I mentioned. They were stored since their purchase and never opened. Some have very minor storage and bindery defects but all are characterised by heavy gloss, ultra sharp edges and corners, supple pages - they were never "white" but they are as fresh as when bought of the newsstand and pure white back covers.

These are effectively the men's adventure version of the Edgar Church pedigree.

As stated I am selling this group far below my cost.

Man's Adventure July 1958. Great bondage cover by Clarence Door. Tiny bindery chip at top of spine. Very light storage indents to back cover. $40

nmans%20adventure%2019580001_zpshelyeja4.jpg

Man to Man August 1962 Great bondage cover by Syd Shores. $30. Small chip to bottom of front cover; another to bottom corner of the back cover; very light toning halo. Still presents beautifully. Features a very young Cassius Clay "Will he be a contender for the heavyweight title in years to come?"

nmans%20adventure%2019580006_zpsevrni9bc.jpg

Man to Man May 1963 $35 Small tear to bottom edge of back cover and associated fold. Tiny tears to a few of the back pages in the same vicinity.

I'm not sure if the guy on the cover is to be pitied or envied. I'm not sure he knows either!

nmans%20adventure%2019580005_zpsowvotecg.jpg

JUMBO COMICS #42 CGC 7.0 OW $120 - waayy below my cost. Getting harder to find these early Jumbos nowadays and this copy presents very well for the grade.

Jumbo%20Comics%2042%20CGC%207_zpsxux2ifba.jpg

:takeit: