• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CAF Gallery Sale (lots of vintage covers)

27 posts in this topic

Terry, you are my inspiration! I love that you helped finance your home addition/repairs/whatever it was you said a while ago and now have helped finance an early retirement. All from your love of (mostly EC) comic art! I will never reach these levels of appreciation in my art, but I do expect to get a pile of low-to-mid five figure sum of money at one point when the great purge comes in 12 years or so. Congrats on doing it right! It must be painful each time, but you still have some great great art!

Selling to finance a trip or even buy a fancier car is not something I relish. But selling to enhance a life; man that's where it's at!

Hey, thanks, Fedres, very nice of you to say so!

I've enjoyed owning a lot of great art over the past thirty-odd years, but priorities in life change. The hobby has brought me a great deal of enjoyment and satisfaction . . . now it continues to pave the way for (and enable) major lifestyle changes.

I'm still retaining a collection of core-favourites (representative examples), so it's not all bad on the shedding of (once) prized possessions. :)

Sale ends at the end of this month (June), after which time all 'For Sale' items will be withdrawn as, happily, I'm now near enough where I needed to be at with the funding of my early retirement plans (thanks to some strong high-end sales)! :)

All 'For Sale' Galleries are clearly marked-up in my CAF (anything designated as 'Keepers' are not open to discussion).

Last day of my sale tomorrow (after which time all unsold items go back into my core collection for the foreseeable future).

Happily, I've now reached my goal to fund my early retirement plans for the end of July when I quit my working life, put up my feet and relax. :)

Will entertain time-payments, within reason, if interest in anything is expressed now.

Thanks for looking.