• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Books you bought years ago that were restored

8 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I am new here, but not new to books. I used to be a dealer (10+ years ago). I am going through books that I thought would be great for CGC grading. I just found an absolutely beautiful copy of Captain America 106. At first glace I had it pegged for atleast a 9.4. At closer inspection I found two extra staples in it. And it quite possibly has been trimmed. Now, I remember who I bought this book from years ago. It was a company on the East Coast, that was selling Silver Age bundles in certain grades at certain prices. I know the name of the company, but it is not prudent to mention it. I was just wondering if anyone else has had similar experiences with great books that turned out to be bombs. I remember the same company sent me some early Daredevil "file copies" that had so much done to them it was stupid.

later

ian

Now, I remember who I bought this book from years ago. It was a company on the East Coast, that was selling Silver Age bundles in certain grades at certain prices. I know the name of the company, but it is not prudent to mention it.

Why not?

One of the dirtier, but necessary functions of this board has been to ferret out unscrupulous sellers. If you recieved obviously doctored books like the DDs you describe, it seems unlikely that an honest, well established dealer missed them. frown.gif

...are all your books slabbed?

...if not, how do you know for certain all your books are unrestored............. confused.gif

...i don't think i have any resto books, but there are i couple i can't be certain of unless i get them slabbed........... frown.gif