• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Doing my part to keep your NM comics that much rarer...

27 posts in this topic

Had a Challengers of the Unknown # 4 I bought several years ago for about $5 in a VG+ condition. Went to bag it after a few beers ( it was my birthday) and caught the tape on the cover. Tore a huge piece off. Did the same thing with a Flash # 130. This was my personal copy I bought off the news stand (and my favorite Flash cover of all time). Tape caught the cover and and caused a 1" color tear (black cover too so even worse). That book was at least a 9.4 at the time. Sigh.

This thread is absolutely hilarious! Probably because I doubt there are any comic fans out there who haven't helped make a few books more rare. I've had plenty of careless unbag and tape incidents, with and without alcohol, but my worst habit is when I'm going too fast placing books back in their long box. I've lost count of how many times I've been reorganizing a new collection I've purchased or I'm putting books in new bags when I come across a key. I assess the grade, smile, and feel like a real winner! My mind wanders as I relish in my recent victory while I put the book safely back in its home. And that's when I slam the corner into the side of the long box. I hear a slight gasp. I'm not sure if it came from the comic or myself. I examine the damage, only to find I single handedly added a hefty color-breaking stress line right through the spine.

You've all heard the story of the Action Comics #1 that was being used as insulation, right?

Article to Action Comics #1

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2013/06/action-comics-1-found-in-wall-of-house-sells-for-175000/

Unrelated:

One of my cats knocked over a stack of comics released in the Summer of 2013.

It caused corner damage to 20 Sheltered #1s. doh!

Cats are individual_without_enough_empathys.

-slym