• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's up with this slab?

24 posts in this topic

Look at the left side of the well. The design has changed and that book is being pushed to the right by the well itself. Look a/b 1" from the top and 1" form the bottom of the book. You can see it if you zoom in.

I waited to see if you anybody would state the obvious answer.

This was Newts first attempt at slabbing a book.

Not bad for his first try...

893applaud-thumb.gif

And yes I can see the indented well on the left side. First time I have seen it though. Is it due to the book being from 1978 and an 80 pager? And I guess I would ask why the bumper starts so far down the spine.. and not more near the top/bottom edges?

Ze-

Sorry Newt.. I am just jealous you get to play with comics all day now.. flowerred.gif

so are y'all saying the book is squeezed into too small spot? doesn't look centered. i'm too lazy to dig out my slabs and compare.

the ripped spine concerns me in a 9.4. either that or it makes me real happy as a seller. but somehow i don't think customers would be too happy if i sold a book as "NM" with that spine damage. i'd assume i'd get a negative.

shouldah used k-y to slide the book into the case better.