• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PLATINUM AGE - ALL SOLD AND CLOSED!!

20 posts in this topic

Hello folks,

I hate to do it since I NEVER see these (and am not likely to again), but I must take care of some commitments, so I must give these up.

Here is my collection of Leon & Cupples books from the 20's. Mostly Little Orphan Annie, but there is also a Smitty and Reg'lar Fellers.

These books are chock full of comic strips, all well reproduced, sharp and clear. Here is your chance to own some of the first recognizable characters in proto-comic format before they knew they were comics.

I'm happy to listen to offers, even bulk deals, but as per usual, the first :takeit: wins over any pm negotiations (unless completed before the time stamp in the thread).

Shipping is a flat $8 for any number of books , insurance is extra as is Int'l shipping. Paypal is preferred, but MO and CC are accepted. Please, no Probies, Hall of Shamers, or Shady Characters. :blahblah:

:bump:

okay folks, I'm ready to move these.

:news:

SUNDAY 50% off lowest listed price.....

Reg'lar Fellers #1 - 1929 - (Cupples & Leon), 96 pgs. FN - Guide is $171..... I'll take $125 $115

This is probably the nicest Cupples and Leon book I have of the bunch. Again, interior is perfect. Sharp corners and white pages. No jacket.

Reglar-a_zpsf34352fb.jpg

Reglar-b_zps9cea6224.jpg

Reglar-c_zps5cb2c773.jpg

These are so beautiful… I have never read a Little Orphan Annie story, I surely wish to do so one day.

Now I have too much stuff going on while I should "freeze", otherwise I’d been very tempted.

Best luck with the sale! (thumbs u

These are so beautiful… I have never read a Little Orphan Annie story, I surely wish to do so one day.

Now I have too much stuff going on while I should "freeze", otherwise I’d been very tempted.

Best luck with the sale! (thumbs u

Here's hoping....!

haha...hard to resist these early comics...I collect all that way back to the early 1800s

Comic almanacs and the like....so these are part of the story and nice to have a few representative issues...;)