• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Unsustainable - Edge of Spider-Verse Greg Land Variant 9.9

13 posts in this topic

Well...If a best offer was accepted, then there is a line through the amount and it says "Best offer accepted" or something along those lines. There is another issue out there that went for $4995. So...I think it is accurate. Either way...totally insane.

Even if they did announce a movie, I still cannot imagine this book having the level of interest required to maintain that price. Like I said though...it's not my money. Someone clearly thinks it's worth it.

Also...there were 13 people bidding on the book with 22 bids. 5 people bidding above $2,000. Amazing.

I highly doubt the buyers of said book feels that way, and the buyer very well may be a boardie. One person spending $4500 on a book may be the equivalent to another spending $4.50 so to each their own. Not sure I see the point in ridiculing another's purchase in such a way being such an isolated sale. Unsustainable is a pretty common occurrence. Gwen or no Gwen.

If I had the money and all my keys were filled up why not jump on it. Beats the equivalent IMO of dropping $86.53 a week on books/variants that flop in a week 52 times a year.

I highly doubt the buyers of said book feels that way, and the buyer very well may be a boardie. One person spending $4500 on a book may be the equivalent to another spending $4.50 so to each their own. Not sure I see the point in ridiculing another's purchase in such a way being such an isolated sale. Unsustainable is a pretty common occurrence. Gwen or no Gwen.

If I had the money and all my keys were filled up why not jump on it. Beats the equivalent IMO of dropping $86.53 a week on books/variants that flop in a week 52 times a year.

Sure...and my intent was not to level a personal attack on the buyer. I am just commenting on the wisdom of the investment. The buyer has a tough road ahead to realize a gain on that book...I think.

For his/her sake...I hope I am wrong.

Well thats a great book. Don't know why someone would read a book they can buy in later prints for much cheaper. Why would you read a book of that value. That doesn't seem wise. Sure if the book was damaged but to devalue a book a couple hundred dollars in raw form by reading it. Not wise in my opinion.

True, it may be a tough one to see appreciate but the buyer may just like the top graded or best of the best so to speak and thoroughly enjoy what goes into the personal collection in that way. I for one will be rooting that another 9.9 or a 10.0 does not pop up. lol I seriously didn't buy it. I'm not one to chase books above a 9.8

Well...If a best offer was accepted, then there is a line through the amount and it says "Best offer accepted" or something along those lines. There is another issue out there that went for $4995. So...I think it is accurate. Either way...totally insane.

I'm fairly certain the $4995 sale never happened. Original buyer bailed and book was sold to a second buyer. The seller is a member here, and bought the book here on the boards back in March.

Comics aren't investments for everyone. Probably not for most