• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fluctuations in Registry Points and a Dave Stevens Mystery

3 posts in this topic

I posted this in my journal but I thought I'd post it here to see if people knew about the registry points and Dave Stevens questions. http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7287580&fpart=41

Thanks for reading.

Fluctuations in Registry Points and a Dave Stevens Mystery

Do registry points fluctuate for comics, like they do in Overstreet or GPA with the monetary value going up or down with the market?

I've wondered about that, and I guess they must. Because yesterday, my overall Registry ranking was #328 with 53,149. Today, my ranking is #314 with 57,120 points! Wow!

I don't have the time to go through all my books to see which ones changed, and I probably wouldn't remember the original scores anyway. Also, this could just be a temporary glitch in the system. Well see ....

On another topic, here are a couple of recent pickups for the GGA fans out there. I won this Claire Voyant on eBay for a pretty good price, no doubt because of the low grade, but I think the condition (at least the front cover) looks better than CGC 2.5.

Claire%20Voyant%201%20CGC%202.5%2077_zpsejz21emn.jpg

Here's an oddity. The Dave Stevens Covers set has a slot for "Last of the Viking Heroes (Genesis West) 5 Variant Cover." Here's the regular cover, and it's no doubt by Stevens.

Last%20of%20the%20Viking%20Heroes%205%20CGC%209.6%2022_zpsvsqpbory.jpg

But what's the Stevens' variant cover? There's only 1 variant cover for #5 of this series, and as far as I can tell it's not by Dave Stevens (instead the listed covered artist is Michael Thibodeaux).

I was curious, so I submitted my copy to CGC. I recently got it back and tried inputting it into the variant cover slot for #5. It worked! The cover art certainly does seem Dave Steven-ish (ahem ...). Maybe Stevens contributed to the cover, and whoever originally created the CGC set knew that and included it? Anyway, here's the variant for #5.

Last%20of%20the%20Viking%20Heroes%205%20CGC%209.4_zps4c56oksv.jpg