• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Overstreet's phantom issues...

45 posts in this topic

Robert Beerbohm has also seen the Tooth Fairy.

No doubt they are best pals - the Tooth Fairy left feedback on his ebay site ("Strict grading, fair pricing, as honest as they come!") too.

Beerbohm's ebay site has been 5 star all the way. The reviews prove it and I have never heard of anybody buying from him on e-bay and giving him an non-favorable review in the last few years.

I have some residual affection for him from ye olden days and I respect his place in the history of the hobby and his knowledge of early comic history, but I had a couple of bad experiences buying from him on eBay in recent years. I wouldn't buy from him again.

Recent?...in the last year?

Certainly within the past two years.

If you are at Denver con I believe you can see bob working at Neal Adams booth and you can address that issue with him if the matter is still unresolved

Getting back on topic... I haven't purchased or seen Overstreet for a few years, but he had always listed a (non-existent in my experience) 1953 reprint of Avon's Flying Saucers along with the 1952 (existent) reprint. I think that needs to be added to the list.

Yes... you are right... there is no 1953 second reprint (it's still in the guide, but with a "?").

Robert Beerbohm has also seen the Tooth Fairy.

No doubt they are best pals - the Tooth Fairy left feedback on his ebay site ("Strict grading, fair pricing, as honest as they come!") too.

Beerbohm's ebay site has been 5 star all the way. The reviews prove it and I have never heard of anybody buying from him on e-bay and giving him an non-favorable review in the last few years.

I did.

Here is the updated list, corrected, with additions....

Beware (1955) There doesn't appear to exist a #15.

Guess again ;)

30lfk0m.jpg

Can't believe I missed this thread until now, fascinating stuff everyone and well done indeed Tim.

I can confirm that I do indeed have a copy of Beware # 15 in my own collection.

There is so much about the comics industry from 1933-1970 that hasn't been told....sadly, much of the first hand knowledge has died, which makes it all the more imperative to track down those still with us and get as much on the record as possible.