• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Up & Coming Artist Watch

6 posts in this topic

I'm a fan of digging around deviant art and over the years I've seen a few rise from obscurity to penciling some pretty amazing books. Was following James Harren for a while before he broke with Rumble for Image.

Anyone you guys been keeping tabs on that you think are ready to take it to the next level? Perhaps guys who have done a few WFH one shots, or mini's for smaller press that.

I'll kick it off with Mr. Zach Howard, who's deviant art http://spacefriend-krunk.deviantart.com is filled with tons of top level stuff.

wild_blue_yonder_issue_5_pages_20_and_21_by_spacefriend_krunk-d8091uo.jpg

3-e6241e4696-d380b.jpg

Really cool thread. Both Zach and James have a style that I enjoy very much. I wish Image would cut back on the drek they publish. Rumble is an excellent series that I feel got overlooked by many so far due to how many #1's they release a month.

Any one else, I've got tons bookmarked?

I think Jimbo Salgado is one of the most underrated/under-used guys in the biz. I know he does commissions for the board but for Marvel/DC to not snatch him up is a travesty.

green_goblin_cover_by_jimbo02salgado-d8sgcuy.jpg

1319573523.jpg

Any one else, I've got tons bookmarked?

I think Jimbo Salgado is one of the most underrated/under-used guys in the biz. I know he does commissions for the board but for Marvel/DC to not snatch him up is a travesty.

+1