• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Graphic Novel #4 -- First New Mutants

33 posts in this topic

Thought with all the brouhaha surrounding this book lately that it deserves it's own thread. Please post your latest sales or purchases of this copper key and feel free to discuss the New Mutants or any personal stories of genetically superior teenage angst you might have to share! :grin:

I'll start with this sale. Previous high on GPA was $279. Not mine, but wow! Congrats to the seller and please let us know if this is you...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MARVEL-GRAPHIC-NOVEL-4-CGC-9-6-NM-SS-Signed-by-Bob-McLeod-Chris-Claremont-/161315344986?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item258f24d25a

Still got my copy when it came out for $4.17. Read carefully and bagged. Perfect copy still, but a few minor scratches on the back.

Anyone know how a few minor surface scratches on the back cover effect the grade?

Still got my copy when it came out for $4.17. Read carefully and bagged. Perfect copy still, but a few minor scratches on the back.

Anyone know how a few minor surface scratches on the back cover effect the grade?

Should keep it out of 9.8, but 9.6 possible if all else is good. At least that has been my experience with other squarebounds (DKR and LW & C)

You can always scan your book and share it in the PGM thread or show it off here!

Yeah, that black back cover is tough on grades. With only 40 9.8 copies on the census, it'll be interesting to see where that number goes as everyone submits their copies in the next few months.

4 years back I was buying a load of books from a store that was closing down and they had a MGN4 in nm condition for 50p I was so wrapped up in the nm thanos quest set and late silver/early bronze I was grabbing that I gave it a glance then blanked it.

Who knew eh?.

Fifty bloody pee I don't even know what that is currently in US money but can't be more than a buck. doh!

Over the last few years I have been picking up 9.8 copies of what I feel were the 3 most important of the Marvel Graphic novels for really fair prices. (Death of Captain Marvel, The New Mutants, and God Loves Man Kills) It is crazy to see the nosebleed prices on The New Mutants MGN right now, but I feel the other 2 are very reasonably priced at the moment.

I got three copies still in original wrap, is it common to have the cover white background look all scuffed up? aanyone else have this issue?

I wasn't aware that the Marvel Graphic Novel #4 first printing was originally wrapped. I bought mine off the shelf and it wasn't originally wrapped. I've never seen one shrink-wrapped.

2mbjhk.jpg

2lcmxll.jpgiwn8zb.jpg

I'm not sure if they did come originally in shrink wrap but I purchased all my that way and they came from two different stores. So I just made that assumption.

No. You can see, one of the shrink wrapped copies has significant transfer scuffing on it, which means it saw quite a bit of time against other material before being shrink wrapped.

Looks like it may have been shilled up to $751, but two more bids after that ended in a $787 winner.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MARVEL-GRAPHIC-NOVEL-4-NEW-MUTANTS-CGC-9-8-WHITE-PGS-ORIGIN-1ST-APP-/261896836289

How can you tell it was shilled up to $751? Looks legit to me. Just last minute snipers?

-Dane

You're right. It might not be a shill. I just saw the 100% bid activity... and the fact that this is the only auction that account has bid on in the last 30 days. Doesn't necessarily mean shill!