• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Graphic Novel #4 -- First New Mutants

33 posts in this topic

Just great! Another book I gotta dig out that I thought had no value!

+1. Sold a bent fn+ 1st printing for $40 to a flipper/internet dealer locally, thus the next vf raw copy will be over $100 ... finally.

Ugh. Every time I put off buying a book because "meh, it'll be there" to fill a hole somewhere else in my collection, I get beat with a price spike & regret it. This is still one of those stupid books.

What "conquered" me to the New Mutants were the Annuals drawn by Alan Davis.

Among the books which made me decide to collect comic books in their original (US) edition. :)

The graphic novel and the early issues are nice but I am a big fan of the post-Sienkiewicz stories, up to the Liefeld train-wreckage, that is. :P

2mbjhk.jpg

2lcmxll.jpgiwn8zb.jpg

I'm not sure if they did come originally in shrink wrap but I purchased all my that way and they came from two different stores. So I just made that assumption.

No. You can see, one of the shrink wrapped copies has significant transfer scuffing on it, which means it saw quite a bit of time against other material before being shrink wrapped.

I got 2 issues from Bud Plant via mail order when it first came out. No shrink wrap.