• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The perennial ebay question

3 posts in this topic

Seems this happens to me EVERYTIME I sell on ebay - doesn't matter if it's comics, books, steins, or frickin' toilet water at least one or two bidders choose to completely ignore the winning notifications.

As a seller I send an invoice the day the auction ends. Once the three day period has passed I send a 'very' nice email asking if the invoice had been received. In that email I give two ADDITIONAL email addresses in the event my main email address is blocking their address or domain for spam.

At the end of 5 business days I send a second email basically along the same lines, again, very nice - no threats or implications they are making me angry.

The real kicker here is that the buyers in question have no negative feedback and have usually just completed 2 or 3 other auctions! mad.gif

So my questions:

1). What do you do as a seller in this instance?

2). If the phone number is disconnected? (Didn't think I saw that one coming did you?) wink.gif

I really HATE to leave negative feedback, but this really pisses me off! mad.gif

As a buyer if I always make payment (or send payment and inform the seller) within 24 hours of the auction close.

I guess I should count myself lucky since out of the 72 auctions I had close last week only 2 nimrods failed to respond to me.

Maybe I should look into a new deodorant? frown.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I've got this scenario going on right now. Two people have won comics that were a whole DOLLAR, and they won't pay or respond to e-mails. I'll probably turn them in as nonpaying bidders and eventually neg them. I don't want to, but I don't want to have someone win, not pay, and get away with it.