• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Green Arrow - 1st Silver Age Appearance

9 posts in this topic

Fellow comic book fans :3

Some have suggested it to be Adventure Comics #250 or Adventure Comics #256; but is it really?

What comic is the first SA Green Lantern appearance? And why hasn't CGC updated a highlighted consensus for this possible appearance in "assumed" comic?

What do you think?

All comments are welcomed.

It's kind of iffy citing the exact beginning of DCs Silver Age. Many characters, Green Arrow among them, did not ever go entirely away after the Golden Age.

Because of the gradual nature of the changing of the Ages for DC, many cite issues that introduced new origins for their heroes.

Kirby's new origin in Adventure #256 is, in my opinion, the biggest "key" for SA Green Arrow.

Your mileage may vary.

Green Arrow never went away. If I remember correctly, he had his own ongoing backup series straight through until 1964. Adventure #256 is probably his biggest SA key. If you're looking for a "first appearance" of a revamped modern Green Arrow, Brave and the Bold #85 is it, but it didn't come out until 1969.

Fellow comic book fans :3

Some have suggested it to be Adventure Comics #250 or Adventure Comics #256; but is it really?

What comic is the first SA Green Lantern appearance? And why hasn't CGC updated a highlighted consensus for this possible appearance in "assumed" comic?

What do you think?

All comments are welcomed.

What's the significance of Adventure 250?

It is important to remember that Green Arrow was regularly in Adventure Comics going way back before the SA and that #256, though an important book, is not a SA starting point.

To answer Silver's question I think Adventure #250 is simply quoted in error on some sites as a significant Green Arrow book. The story in that issue, "The Green Arrows of the World" is simply one of a long list of tales.