• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

3 EARLY RAW PRE-HERO TALES OF SUSPENSE...and a CGC Slab Scanner

5 posts in this topic

My last 3 remaining Pre-Hero TOS up for grabs... :wishluck:

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

Eligible Bidders. No Shamers, Probies or Deadbeats in general. I believe in communication...it's a two-way street...I will always hold up my end...if you don't hold up your end I reserve the right to exit any transaction at my discretion. :devil:

Bidding and Buying. First unequivocal :takeit: in the thread wins the book. Narrative terms such as "Take" or "I'll Take It" are equally acceptable.

PMs and Negotiations. I am welcome to PMs and negotiating on the books. I'm not real receptive to discounts to know flippers. In many cases, and completely up to my discretion, I will place a book on hold while we try and reach the deal.

Payment. Paypal, Money Order or Check.

Time Payments. Very receptive to time payments, but in most all cases must be completed within 90 days with a reasonable deposit that we mutually agree upon. In the event that you back out of the transaction down the road, I keep the deposit and the book...no excuses. Oh yeah, and sorry your cat died and you still owe on the chemo treatments... :tonofbricks:

Ask Prices and Shipping. Ask Prices include the price of insured shipping in USA. Canada add $10 bucks. Elsewhere exact price of shipping less $15US. Insurance is generally not available beyond about $600US for international shipping unless I move to higher or alternate tiers...all options are available but not included in the Ask Price. All Ask Prices are "or Best Offer". I am receptive to negotiations, especially for multiple book purchases but am in no hurry to unload these books so the range is in the 10% range for now. :grin:

Packaging. No worries here. My packaging is legendary and will become the standard for your expectation, especially for slabbed books, for the rest of your collecting experience. (worship)

Grading. I stand by my grading but please actually read my grading notes and take those into consideration. When we are talking about a book as VG or VG+ in many cases we are splitting hairs, and of course, depends on if you are the buyer or seller. Having said that, all my books are 100% guaranteed satisfaction. If you're not satisfied with the book, let me know within 48 hours of receipt of the book, and ship it back to me at your cost, and I will refund 100% of the purchase price. (thumbs u

Each book is now in a Mylite 2 encased with a hardback.

ASK PRICE $199 OR BEST OFFER!

TALES OF SUSPENSE 6 NOV 1959 VG to VG-

Stan Lee stories. Jack Kirby pencils and George Klein inks cover art.

Stories include cover story “I HEAR IT HOWL IN THE SWAMP!” (Steve Ditko), “I WAS CAPTURED BY THE CYCLOPS!” (Don Heck), “THE MUTANTS AND ME!” (Joe Sinnott), “WHO HIDES BENEATH MY MASK?” and ”THE LUNA LIZARDS HAD ME TRAPPED!” (Jack Kirby). Non artwork story “LADY LUCK”.

Nice overall cover…covers and gloss are a little wan…teeny chip and some pre-chipping along right edge…small piece missing bottom right corner. Pretty clean spine but a little chip out of top corner and a ½-inch split at bottom corner…a few soft creases and edge wear commensurate with the grade.

Back cover is in decent shape with a few issues…shadowing around the perimeter…soft bend-crease at upper left corner (goes through most of the pages) and a noticeable water stain at bottom margin. Interior covers are in decent shape as well with hard tanning around perimeters. Structure is sound, registration is perfect, book lays flat with perfectly centered rust-free staples and secure centerfold. Interior white to off-white pages are in overall great shape…COMPLETE!

TOS_6_zpsvcftpb4e.jpg

TOS_6_BC_zpsjdlw1y9p.jpg

ASK PRICE $179 OR BEST OFFER!

TALES OF SUSPENSE 10 JULY 1960 FN- TAPE ON SPINE

Stan Lee stories. Jack Kirby pencils and Steve Ditko inks cover art. Rare Kirby/Ditko cover collaboration! :headbang:

Stories include cover story “I BROUGHT THE MIGHTY CYCLOPS BACK TO LIFE!” (Jack Kirby/ Ayers), “I WAS TRAPPED IN NIGHTMARE VALLEY” (Paul Reinman), “BEHIND MY DOOR WAITS…MEDUSA!” (Steve Ditko) and “I AM THE SHAGGY CREATURE” (Don Heck).

Non artwork story “OUT OF THE JUNGLE”.

Front cover is in nice shape with a combination of NCB and faint CB creases and minimal edge wear…a little sliver of a chip at upper right edge and tape at the top of spine over an 1-1/4-inch spine split and a 3/8-inch spine split at the bottom and a small staple tear at bottom staple…otherwise overall spine is in nice shape. Colors are a bit muted with a decent level of gloss. Back cover is in nice shape exhibiting the tape at the top of spine and some mild shadowing along the spine and bottom edge. Interior covers have a light uniform tanning..

Interior white to off-white pages are in excellent overall shape except for the first two pages of the Medusa story (which starts at the right page of the centerfold) have a 1-inch tear at the top staple. Structure is sound, registration is a tad off, book lays flat with slightly offset rust-free staples…centerfold is secure and the book is COMPLETE.

TOS_10_zpsxufwvuj4.jpg

TOS_10_BC_zpsdk32jn6z.jpg

ASK PRICE $229 OR BEST OFFER!

TALES OF SUSPENSE 12 NOV 1960 CGC 6.5 OWW

Stan Lee stories. Jack Kirby/ Ayers cover art.

Stories include cover story “I ALONE KNOW THE DREAD SECRET OF GOR-KILL THE LIVING DEMON! (Jack Kirby/ Ayers) (WOW! Now that’s a title!), “I MUST FIND THOSE WHO LURK BELOW!” (Steve Ditko), “THE MONSTER IN MY CELLAR!” (George Klein/Reed Crandall) and “I MET THE THING ON MIDNIGHT ISLAND!” (Don Heck).

Non artwork story “Vial of Inspiration”

Just a super nice copy…one of the nicest 6.5s I’ve ever seen! A few locations of pre-chipping tears along the right edge keeping this one out of 7.5/8.0 range. Excellent structure/perfect registration.

Book has been removed from its slab and resides now in a Mylite 2/fullback and retains the two acid neutralization papers and the CGC label.

TOS_12_CGC6.5_zpstcxlpg7v.jpg

TOS_12_zpsqnjvdlah.jpg

TOS_12_BC_zpsydjrmpwn.jpg

Also have a scanner for sale...a Mustek A3 USB 1200 PRO.

Like this

http://Support-the-Collectors-Society.com/itm/Mustek-SEA3USB1200SPRO-ScanExpress-A31200S-Flatbed-Scanner-/271470057978?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f34e059fa

It's about a year old but still in box never used.

I'm looking for $169 + shipping...I think shipping will be about $54 (the box is 24x6.5x20. I'll ship for $40 anywhere in US. In California I'll ship for $20...anywhere in the US that the shipping is less than $40 I'll refund the difference.