• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Centaur Comics
19 19

6,168 posts in this topic

AMF 2/7 is a great book, though not a Gerber 8 in my opinion (I've seen quite a few).

I have the "Danny Dupcak" copy of AMF 2/7. I'll spare everyone and not post a scan (oh, the horror...).

STEVE (make mine Larson)

cloud9.gif thanks for posting that! Bill Everett is why I started to collect golden age!

You're welcome pb66 - since the 1/2 is so hard to find, consider Amazing Adventure Funnies # 1 which reprints the story (along with a bunch of other terrific Centaur stories...I highly recommend the issue).

STEVE (Luvin' Larson)

"Fantastic amazing"

Does that say "bat raids"? Those pages must be a hoot.

Jack

hi.gif Jack,

"bat raids" 893scratchchin-thumb.gif; nothing new about bat raids really - October 1933 G-8 issue -

1453889-G8-BatStaffel-October1933.jpg

Sorry about the temporary hi-jack. Thanks Sacentaur for pointing out that one of the Centaur books has reprints from earlier Centaurs. I never knew that. Keep on posting. 893applaud-thumb.gif

1453889-G8-BatStaffel-October1933.jpg.6b838b5b63504a5c30886b5099cb1d91.jpg

cloud9.gif thanks for posting that! Bill Everett is why I started to collect golden age!

You're welcome pb66 - since the 1/2 is so hard to find, consider Amazing Adventure Funnies # 1 which reprints the story (along with a bunch of other terrific Centaur stories...I highly recommend the issue).

STEVE (Luvin' Larson)

Firstly, great purchase SS!! I have been eyeing that issue for about a year now... great cover!!

Secondly, I will back up Steve's statement about AMAZING ADVENTURE FUNNIES #1... the art inside is actually the best you will find in any Centaur (IMO), as it contains multiple stories by Everett, Burgos and Gustavson... there is a fantastic story where the Fantom battles a giant white prehistoric ape, previously frozen.

Please keep the Centaur's coming!! Its great to see these books come out of the woodwork!!

"Fantastic amazing"

Jack

hi.gif Jack,

"bat raids" 893scratchchin-thumb.gif; nothing new about bat raids really - October 1933 G-8 issue -

HAH! Fantastic amazing Bat-Staffel! There was a whole squadron of those bat-things?

Sorry about the temporary hi-jack.

And a temporary hi-Scrooge back atcha.

Thanks Sacentaur for pointing out that one of the Centaur books has reprints from earlier Centaurs. I never knew that. Keep on posting.

Jack

"Fantastic amazing"

Jack

hi.gif Jack,

Sorry about the temporary hi-jack. Thanks Sacentaur for pointing out that one of the Centaur books has reprints from earlier Centaurs. I never knew that. Keep on posting. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Excellent post. So there was already a Bat-plane in 1933. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

"Fantastic amazing"

Jack

hi.gif Jack,

That book is in incredible condition. 893whatthe.gif