• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Daredevil 183 - someone didn't like it

11 posts in this topic

It's been my experience otherwise nice books with a little, minor foxing on the BC can grade as high as 9.0. If it's on the front cover, I've yet to see one above 8.0. I'd consider that light (not minor) front cover foxing and put it in the 7.0/7.5 range. Still a nice book, but nowhere near NM. What did you call it to rile somebody up?

It's been my experience otherwise nice books with a little, minor foxing on the BC can grade as high as 9.0. If it's on the front cover, I've yet to see one above 8.0. I'd consider that light (not minor) front cover foxing and put it in the 7.0/7.5 range. Still a nice book, but nowhere near NM. What did you call it to rile somebody up?

I called it FN/FN+

(shrug)

Apparently he dinged my heavy on the "Item Condition as Described" star-rating (gave me 3 or less) but still gave positive fb and even mentioned "Good condition comic. Great packaging, very secure"

???

Just curious if I was way off in my grade.

I called it FN/FN+

(shrug)

After I read the original post, I figured you graded it a VF/VF+ and the buyer thought it was a FN/FN+.

I don't think you were way off in your grading.

Maybe he hates foxing. Did the foxing show up in your eBay pics? I'm wondering if he also considered the printing defects (missing color)?

Those were the same pictures I used on Ebay.

It was pretty clear from the pictures and I even mentioned "minor wear and slight soiling consistent with this grade" in the description.

Maybe he hates foxing. Did the foxing show up in your eBay pics? I'm wondering if he also considered the printing defects (missing color)?

Those were the same pictures I used on Ebay.

It was pretty clear from the pictures and I even mentioned "minor wear and slight soiling consistent with this grade" in the description.

Don't beat yourself up. It happens. Maybe if you use this as an opportunity to educate the buyer he will end up appreciating the gesture and becoming a repeat customer. Try to turn something negative into something positive.

Even with the foxing it looks at least a FN, and compared to many a raw ebay "Fine" it's practically high grade.

Don't worry about it and move on, especially if the buyer didn't return or ask for a discount.