• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who is the Seller? - Alleged High Grade AF #15s on E-bay

26 posts in this topic

I used to represent a whole group of Air Force pilots at Travis AFB so my wife and I took time to go to Napa. Fantastic fun. A colleague of mine who was a legal reporter moved out there to start a "wine" law practice!

We've been trying to get back there but have a 2 year old and another due in April.

And I forgive you all. angel.gif

I used to represent a whole group of Air Force pilots at Travis AFB so my wife and I took time to go to Napa. Fantastic fun. A colleague of mine who was a legal reporter moved out there to start a "wine" law practice!

We've been trying to get back there but have a 2 year old and another due in April.

And I forgive you all. angel.gif

The wine law practice has been a lucrative field lately, what with all of the litigation over distribution laws. Sometimes I wish that I had that as my specialty, but it's tough to do unless you're really connected in the industry.

Now if I could just figure out a way to parlay my comic book knowledge into a comic book related legal career, I'd be happier than any man has a right to be! cloud9.gif

Best way to start the trip is to attend Merryvale Vineyard's wine tasting tour and (short) tasting seminar on a Saturday or Sunday morning. It runs from 10:30 to 12:30 or so. It is one of the most fun things I've ever done in Napa, and the guy (Ed) who runs the tour is one of the coolest and most fun people in the valley. The "seminar" is where you are seated in Merryvale's historical cask room, and you taste six wines blind, along with small samples of four core wine components (sugar, alcohol, grape tannin, and acid) and compare the prevalence of each in the six wines in front of you. Very informative, tons of fun, and a nice way to start a day of wine tasting, even if you know your way around a bottle of wine.

Lunch at Taylor's Automatic Refresher across the street. I recommend the ahi tuna burger with Asian slaw and some sweet potato french fries. cloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gif Liz also loves the milkshakes, but I tend to skip them to keep my waistline measurement in the mid-30s. 27_laughing.gif

After that, it's a short, 20-minute drive up oak-lined Spring Mountain Road, where you can spend the day tasting at Paloma, Pride Mountain Vineyards, Barnett Vineyards, and Chrisco37's personal favorite and home of the "Crazy Queen of Spring Mountain," Guilliams. (Call ahead and make reservations at each of these places at least two weeks in advance. They are small wineries and they limit the number of visitors at a time. Allow 1 hour for each winery, which should give you 40 minutes of tasting time plus 20 minutes to travel to the next stop. The view of Napa Valley from the tasting deck at Barnett is incredible, so I like to schedule that one as late in the day as possible to try to catch the sunset.)

Follow that up with dinner at the Martini House in St. Helena to cap off an epic "Day to Remember in Wine Country." cloud9.gif

And that's just day one!!!! yay.gif

My sister is flying out in two weeks with her fiance and both of them are total winos (and scuba addicts), so this makes for a perfect plan! yay.gif

Now back to the topic at hand: Yeah, that AF 15 auction is a scam. Bastards!

Now if I could just figure out a way to parlay my comic book knowledge into a comic book related legal career, I'd be happier than any man has a right to be! cloud9.gif

I'm with you. So far the closest I can come is to sell comic books while still practicing law. Of course, I would imagine that a comic book legal related career would basically just be contracts, corporate and copyright primarily. I'll have to go check out that thread about how much comic artists make, but no doubt less than my federal employee clients! General Counsel of DC would be a nice job! Then again Marvel was in bankruptcy for years so perhaps a GC job is not all that fun!

If you come up with ideas, we can start a firm! 893applaud-thumb.gif

One thing we can do, and this is directly related to the thread at hand, is to represent comic buyers ripped off by fraudulent sellers! yay.gif

Hah!

I come here to read about comics and I find a fellow Napkin. I live and sell Real Estate in Napa. I have been here all my life. Don't forget the south end of the Valley on your tirp. Really coming along these days. Must visit Copia, the Opera House, the Hat building, and Dinner at Coles Chop House in Down Town Napa is a must for sure and if your looking for a good Pinot you will want to hit Artesa in Carneros while you are here. If you decide to buy a house or some comics while you are here let me know.

MPM

Hah!

I come here to read about comics and I find a fellow Napkin. I live and sell Real Estate in Napa. I have been here all my life. Don't forget the south end of the Valley on your tirp. Really coming along these days. Must visit Copia, the Opera House, the Hat building, and Dinner at Coles Chop House in Down Town Napa is a must for sure and if your looking for a good Pinot you will want to hit Artesa in Carneros while you are here. If you decide to buy a house or some comics while you are here let me know.

MPM

Absolutely. Artesa is a great place to go. Beautiful grounds and solid wines across several varietals. We took our summer associates there the summer before last for a tour and tasting.

I haven't eaten at Cole's yet, but it's on my list of places to try. cloud9.gif