• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How to protect your raw comics when shipping or moving?

35 posts in this topic

Books should normally be tight in a box, you don't want them rolling forward and back. I keep old boards as spacers on the ends, both to keep them tight, and to prevent my fingers from denting the books when I grab the handles.

that's one of my other problems I have about 30 raw comics only.

sounds like you're yanking our chain, then.

Listen I don't yank people's chains if I wouldn't see it as a problem I wouldn't ask for help

30 books is nothing. Stick them in a box and put the box in a backpack. Backpack in the car with you. (shrug)

I never thought of that idea I was always scared they would move around

30 books is nothing. Stick them in a box and put the box in a backpack. Backpack in the car with you. (shrug)
Truth....I can put at least 50 comics in a backpack with no problem.

liar

That sounds promising do you have a pic of the type of box you use?

That sounds promising do you have a pic of the type of box you use?

p2a37H9.jpg

If it's a short move you don't need to wrap it.

You should just pack these exactly the same way you'd pack them for shipping to a buyer. Those books shouldn't move in the box and neither should these.

Have you ever shipped a load of books to CGC? Often times, these shipments are 30+ books. Pack it like that. Here's what I do:

• Bag and board each book
  • Stack them in stacks of 10-15. Alternate face up and face down so you have the same number of spines on the left as you do on the right
  • Take this stack and place it into an old CGC slab bag (the ones that CGC sends your slabs back in). I always have a surplus as my slabs live in flip-n-stick bags by HotFlips.
  • Seal the bag so the books can't move around in the bag. You now have a brick of comics in a bag. Take this brick and secure it between two pieces of sturdy cardboard. the cardboard should be bigger than the comics they're protecting.
  • Place this secure brick with cardboard on either side in a sturdy box with plenty of peanuts/bubble wrap/paper.
  • Seal the box

When I'm done, I'm confident that I could drop/kick/dropkick the box without damage occuring to the books inside.

And just as an FYI, people think you may have been yanking their chains because people are familiar with your journey to become a prominent buyer/seller of comic books. When you ask a question like this many assume that you're moving a large number of books (at least several short boxes) a long way. At 30 books, any quality comic seller should know how to securely pack books for shipping. At such a small number, shipping and moving should be treated no different. I think some people are a little surprised that you wouldn't know how to do this. At least, that's what some people are inferring. :foryou:

Good luck with the move.

You should just pack these exactly the same way you'd pack them for shipping to a buyer. Those books shouldn't move in the box and neither should these.

Have you ever shipped a load of books to CGC? Often times, these shipments are 30+ books. Pack it like that. Here's what I do:

• Bag and board each book
  • Stack them in stacks of 10-15. Alternate face up and face down so you have the same number of spines on the left as you do on the right
  • Take this stack and place it into an old CGC slab bag (the ones that CGC sends your slabs back in). I always have a surplus as my slabs live in flip-n-stick bags by HotFlips.
  • Seal the bag so the books can't move around in the bag. You now have a brick of comics in a bag. Take this brick and secure it between two pieces of sturdy cardboard. the cardboard should be bigger than the comics they're protecting.
  • Place this secure brick with cardboard on either side in a sturdy box with plenty of peanuts/bubble wrap/paper.
  • Seal the box

When I'm done, I'm confident that I could drop/kick/dropkick the box without damage occuring to the books inside.

And just as an FYI, people think you may have been yanking their chains because people are familiar with your journey to become a prominent buyer/seller of comic books. When you ask a question like this many assume that you're moving a large number of books (at least several short boxes) a long way. At 30 books, any quality comic seller should know how to securely pack books for shipping. At such a small number, shipping and moving should be treated no different. I think some people are a little surprised that you wouldn't know how to do this. At least, that's what some people are inferring. :foryou:

Good luck with the move.

Thanks this has has been one of the most informative posts and it's true that my goal is to become a prominent buyer and seller but I've never shipped more than 7 comics at a time for fear of it getting damaged.

Hey guys I'll be moving soon again and I was wondering how do you protect your raw comics other than bags and boards because I put mine in a box last time and they got banged up so I don't want to do that again and I'd appreciate any help :)

Gabe, you are apparently buying and selling comics regularly.

How do you protect your comics when you are buying and selling comics? Shouldn't the same apply to your own books?

Hey guys I'll be moving soon again and I was wondering how do you protect your raw comics other than bags and boards because I put mine in a box last time and they got banged up so I don't want to do that again and I'd appreciate any help :)

Gabe, you are apparently buying and selling comics regularly.

How do you protect your comics when you are buying and selling comics? Shouldn't the same apply to your own books?

I put my comics in bags and boards and store them in a small box until I need to sell them