• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicLink shipping policy just plain stinks!

50 posts in this topic

I like ComicLink and I've been buying and selling books on there for the last year or so but their shipping cost just seem stupid. I found out in my first auction that the shipping is $20 for 1 - 10 slabs and $30 for 11 - 20 slabs which is a great deal for 10 slabs but terrible for a couple so it pushes me to make sure I'm bidding strong enough to win at least a few slabs.

Now I just got my first batch of raw sets (mini set of 4 high grade bronze x-men) and it cost me $20 to ship the set. The set was an ok deal at $90 but not so much at $110. I also won 7 slabs in the same auction so I knew I was going to get charged $20 for the slabs but I assumed they would just put them all in one package and charge me $30 for the 7 slabs and 5 raw copies. Yet another wrinkle since I now know they do not ship sets with slabs but seem to have no issue shipping slabs with single raw books (which I just received last month).

I know I venting but does anyone else see these shipping rules and cost as being a hindrance to putting in bids on their site?

they also won't let you combine winnings from multiple auctions to lower shipping costs. that seems to me like a money grab. all in all though, while it is an annoyance, it doesn't stop me from bidding on clink.

heritage on the other hand I cannot stand and probably won't bid again there

they also won't let you combine winnings from multiple auctions to lower shipping costs. that seems to me like a money grab. all in all though, while it is an annoyance, it doesn't stop me from bidding on clink.

heritage on the other hand I cannot stand and probably won't bid again there

.... I recently placed buy orders for two separate books. I paid for each separately with shipping at 20 dollars per. I was surprised to receive both books in one package.... but I was glad to get the books and an extra 20 wasn't going to kill me. On my next check for one of my "sold" items they refunded the extra 20 bucks. I thought that was awesome. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I was very pleasantly surprised by my latest CLink shipping. They actually did combine books from two different auctions and saved me $40 on the expected shipping cost.

I still wish they would adopt MCSs $4.99 flat rate shipping, though.

Actually, while I have do have some issues with Heritage, shipping is not one of them. I think they charge a very reasonable amount, especially on a single book. Clink very recently upped the shipping charges from 15.00 to 20.00 . I brought it up on the Boards and nobody seemed to care.

I now just make sure I win multiple books, probably what they were seeking anyway, genius !

I prefer heritage to clink now. I think clinks' shipping charges are worse. I like the better quality scans and I think there are better deals to be had over clink. Virtually everything I want on clink goes over gpa.

I like ComicLink and I've been buying and selling books on there for the last year or so but their shipping cost just seem stupid. I found out in my first auction that the shipping is $20 for 1 - 10 slabs and $30 for 11 - 20 slabs which is a great deal for 10 slabs but terrible for a couple so it pushes me to make sure I'm bidding strong enough to win at least a few slabs.

Wow, you US-based shipping cost whiners should be forced to live outside the USA for awhile, then you might appreciate your situation a bit more.

If I could get up to 10 slabs shipped flat-rate for $20, I'd think I was in heaven.

Wow, you US-based shipping cost whiners should be forced to live outside the USA for awhile, then you might appreciate your situation a bit more.

If I could get up to 10 slabs shipped flat-rate for $20, I'd think I was in heaven.

+1

..an eye-watering $65 min. for UK shipping. They've lost hundreds of $'s in orders from me over the years, but hey - it's their call!

Heritage - can't even look at their website without getting a headache!

Every cost should be eaten by the seller. Shipping/paypal/paying the customers sales tax.

Of course the buyer should pay the shipping fees but the seller should not be making a profit off the shipping either. 20 bucks for a single book is not cost. They used to have a category for 1 - 3 books but no more. They told me the change was implemented due to dimensional weight, however, from my research and calls to Fedex, the dimensional weight does not come into play at this size (of box). (shrug) Again, from now on I will buy 0 books :cry: or a bunch of books. :acclaim:

Every cost should be eaten by the seller. Shipping/paypal/paying the customers sales tax.

Of course the buyer should pay the shipping fees but the seller should not be making a profit off the shipping either. 20 bucks for a single book is not cost. They used to have a category for 1 - 3 books but no more. They told me the change was implemented due to dimensional weight, however, from my research and calls to Fedex, the dimensional weight does not come into play at this size (of box). (shrug) Again, from now on I will buy 0 books :cry: or a bunch of books. :acclaim:

(shrug)

155605.png.e9861b1784c5603d07cca17a9cd12897.png

In defense of Clink, the do use a brand new box and a generous amount of packing peanuts as well as a fresh bubble mailer. Sure buying one comic book isn't too practical at $20, but that would depend on the value of the book and the deal you got on it. Simple plan is to buy more books if you want to cost average things down.

...depending on the value of the book and the shipping involved, 20 dollar shipping for one book can be a bargain..... I've shipped books for 60 or 70 dollars shipping per. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

..... and they pay employees to pack and ship the books..... so I doubt a profit is involved...... but 20 does make a hundred dollar book less palatable.

In defense of Clink, the do use a brand new box and a generous amount of packing peanuts as well as a fresh bubble mailer.

..and the alternative would be...?

if you have ever bought a slab on ebay then you know that you do not get a comparably packaged book. I'm clearly stating that clink does not cut corners with shipping.

Yes, I did not say there wasn't a change but it doesn't affect a normal comic box. I believe the dimensions of their standard box is 16 X 12 X 5. At at say 3 lbs, dimensional weight may change it to 6 lbs but there is no difference in price for 3 lbs or 6 lbs. At the time, I calculated the price (Fedex) online and it was something like 14 dollars. I also called Fedex and they validated the online estimate.