• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Navy Heros 1 (1945) and Don Winslow (1944)

5 posts in this topic

I am a huge fan of Golden Age war covers. I recently added these two to my collection and I'm thinking about send them to CGC. They present really well, although I'm not sure about the staple on the Don Winslow book. There is only one staple and it doesn't appear there were ever any other staples in the book.

Pages are cream, but supple. Thanks!

ep8Da12.jpg

J33maX9.jpg

ut4MgSr.jpg

GinDZTW.jpg

5.5 on the War Heroes

6.5 on the Don Winslow

Single staple books were common during the war years.

Great cover on that Don Winslow.

Thank you. I still have much to learn about GA war year comics. I never knew single staples were common.

Any idea on the value of these books?

The Navy Heroes , maybe around $30. Don Winslows don't generally go for a lot, even in nice midgrade, but that cover is cooler than much of the run, so probably at least $50, and maybe higher in the right buyer or auction situation. But that's all based on ebay sales of the titles.

If your intent is resale, I'm not sure there would be much value added for the cost of slabbing, but if it's for posterity, it comes down to if you like your books slabbed or not.