• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

new poll up for heavy-hitters... please check it out - -

20 posts in this topic

I've purchase a few books priced at $2000+ and probably a couple dozen from $500+. The most I'd ever send would probably be like $10K but that would have to be one of my "grail" books to ever go that high.

Tod

I paid $115,000 for the Church copy of More Fun # 52 and $145,000 (with D.K.) for the Church copy of Flash Comics # 1

I had to sell quite a bit of my books to buy the MF 52 frown.gif I sold all of my Timelys, my World's Finest's, and Comic Cavalcades, all high grade............

I paid $115,000 for the Church copy of More Fun # 52 and $145,000 (with D.K.) for the Church copy of Flash Comics # 1

I had to sell quite a bit of my books to buy the MF 52 frown.gif I sold all of my Timelys, my World's Finest's, and Comic Cavalcades, all high grade............

Steve, did you think it was worth it to trade so many of your books? I've often thought of trading all of my books for a really great key, but I think I'd be depressed after the deal when I was left with only one comic book(even a great one). frown.gif

Steve, did you think it was worth it to trade so many of your books? I've often thought of trading all of my books for a really great key, but I think I'd be depressed after the deal when I was left with only one comic book(even a great one). frown.gif

Actually, when I got on the plane on the way back home from buying the MF 52, I thought to myself "This comic book or a house, I must be #%&@ crazy!" blush.gif

But, I really loved that book and it made my MF collection. I still had my Supes, Tecs, Adventures, Sensations, Flash's and Wonder Womans.

I have almost never had buyers remorse, but I have always had sellers remorse....

Steve, how long ago was this?

Wow, what are these books worth today and have they been slabbed? What kind of super grades are we talking about. 893applaud-thumb.gif

I don't know about the MF 52, but the Flash 1 was slabbed as a 9.6 and sold by Steve Lauterbach (Comgeek) sometime last year, I believe. Rumor has it that it sold for approx $300K.

I rarely had expensive key books, I was more of a "run collector" as opposed to the keys. In that vein, I did a trade deal for the MH Sensation run years ago. The run was traded at $162,500 on my end. I have done a few larger deals since then, again with MH runs of books for the most part.

West

I rarely had expensive key books, I was more of a "run collector" as opposed to the keys. In that vein, I did a trade deal for the MH Sensation run years ago. The run was traded at $162,500 on my end. I have done a few larger deals since then, again with MH runs of books for the most part.

West

These are geat stories. thumbsup2.gif