• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vancouver Comic Show - June 7th - Vancouver B.C.

38 posts in this topic

To all local comic collectors and fans in Vancouver and nearly cities. On June 7th, there will be a Vancouver Comic Show at Croatian Cultural Centre on Commercial Drive. Start at 11 am.

See you there! :hi:

greg,

I look forward to seeing :idea: the comic wall rack you come up with under short notice.

Heard that the Vancouver Comic Show may only be run 3 times in 2016 to better space out all the cons in the Vancouver, Victoria, and Seattle, WA areas. Keep in mind the large Fan Expo Vancouver is moving to November, 2016 from Easter long weekend April.

I will bring some decent reading copies to sell at the Sunday con.

PhJmqZ9l.jpg

Might be time for a road trip to visit my sister in Vancouver...

Then... come here! And bring your sister to the show. If she is what I think - I'll do the :takeit:

:jokealert:

The humanTorch's sister is now single for all those lonely hearts in Vancouver. :luhv:

Golden Age Collectables in downtown Vancouver will have a Sat. 4th of July, 2015 store signing promoting release of "We Stand on Guard" comic with writer Brian K. Vaughan and local artist Steve Skroce. Seems like USA wants to invade Canada to seize our glaciers and water resources. That means you: Alberta. :tonofbricks:

I have no wall rack right now.

I will be making one from scratch on Saturday.

Interested to see what the results are by Sunday.

I look forward to embarrassing all of you with my swift engineering and incomparable good looks.

Then... come here! And bring your sister to the show. If she is what I think - I'll do the :takeit:

I'm willing to hook you up but you'll regret it.....

I'm willing to hook you up but you'll regret it.....

Raise you in bringing my two sisters (both are looking for lonely hearts!) to hook you by one of them ... now who say "you're regret it"?

:gossip: They're half Italian, so that you know...

lollol

Now back to on the comics at the show!

I have no wall rack right now.

I will be making one from scratch on Saturday.

Interested to see what the results are by Sunday.

I look forward to embarrassing all of you with my swift engineering and ...

remaining 7 fingers and 2 thumbs on Sunday. Have fun at Ikea, Home Depot or Lowe's on Sat. with your comic wall rack design.

flatliner,

Nice rack ! You should sell version 2 to Fanboy greg. (thumbs u

Is it possible to make your rack 2 tiers taller or would the footprint be too deep for the amount of square footage behind a typically tight Vancouver Comic Show space behind a 6' or 8' table?

Well, the show today was quite good. Lots of good books went out with new owners. I got a few nice keys ( thanks aardvark88, for the key book!). And will be back for next show on Aug 9th. I also had a look at some comic book racks there. I think I have a clear picture what need be done.

Here is a quick list of comics I sold today from memory:

Avengers 55, Magnus 5 (Valiant)

Marvel Graphic Novel 4 (New Mutants, 1st printing) sold 1 minute after the front doors opened. Did not realize that a SECOND printing eBayed /sold for $100.

GotG, Groot in Incred Hulk Annual 5

Sub-mariner (SA), Tales to Astonish with Subby.

Static #1's seem to sell really well as a pair that way the collector gets to read the non-polybagged version while keeping the polybagged copy of #1 in the original factory seal.

Had a 1/2 market value offer on a package deal for Avengers 4, Hulk 181 and EC Haunt of Horror that I was glad to decline. :banana:

Spider-Gwen #1 Scotty Young variant x 4 copies.

FF 53 Black Panther 2nd app.

coverless JIM 83.

Ms Marvel 16, 17 nm raw.

new 52 Batman #35 x2, #38

Shazam # 8 100 pagers x 2 copies (early Black Adam)

Showcase 97 Power Girl x 2 copies.

Saw Flatliner's comic rack and was suitably impressed at what he and his sidekick could create in 1 day (thumbs u with $90 worth of raw materials and ingenuity.

Here is a quick list of comics I sold today from memory:

Avengers 55, Magnus 5 (Valiant)

Marvel Graphic Novel 4 (New Mutants, 1st printing) sold 1 minute after the front doors opened. Did not realize that a SECOND printing eBayed /sold for $100.

GotG, Groot in Incred Hulk Annual 5

Sub-mariner (SA), Tales to Astonish with Subby.

Static #1's seem to sell really well as a pair that way the collector gets to read the non-polybagged version while keeping the polybagged copy of #1 in the original factory seal.

Had a 1/2 market value offer on a package deal for Avengers 4, Hulk 181 and EC Haunt of Horror that I was glad to decline. :banana:

Spider-Gwen #1 Scotty Young variant x 4 copies.

FF 53 Black Panther 2nd app.

coverless JIM 83.

Ms Marvel 16, 17 nm raw.

new 52 Batman #35 x2, #38

Shazam # 8 100 pagers x 2 copies (early Black Adam)

Showcase 97 Power Girl x 2 copies.

Saw Flatliner's comic rack and was suitably impressed at what he and his sidekick could create in 1 day (thumbs u with $90 worth of raw materials and ingenuity.

Glad you did well Allan..

I love those guys who figure you're gonna jump at a 50% of market offer on major keys.

Also sold Batman 227 (Neal Adams castle cover) low grade to a forumite.

All Frank Miller DD's on fire after the excellent DD Netflix season 1. Even sold a toy comic reprint with DD, Elektra and the Hand (ninja power). :headbang: My buddy sold a low grade DD #1 that flew off his wall rack. <3