• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your 10 Cent-ers!
16 16

6,661 posts in this topic

I am reposting this Lois Lane cover...just because I like it so much! Bright vibrant colors, white pages and just a cool cover overall. C'mon, Lana is kinda hot!

Hot or not, Superman surely must remember how much of a pain Lana ever was when they were growing up!! In any and all Adventure or Superboy stories, Lana is unsufferable (sp?). I bet Supes will overlook her looks and pass ...

I am reposting this Lois Lane cover...just because I like it so much! Bright vibrant colors, white pages and just a cool cover overall. C'mon, Lana is kinda hot!

Hot or not, Superman surely must remember how much of a pain Lana ever was when they were growing up!! In any and all Adventure or Superboy stories, Lana is unsufferable (sp?). I bet Supes will overlook her looks and pass ...

HAH!

Looks obviously trump insufferable! He married Lois (after she got over her Silver-Age frumpiness), didn't he? Or so I've heard second-hand.

Yes, Swan's (here) and Schaffenberger's Lana are both hot. They seemed to enjoy drawing her more than Lois.

Jack

HAH!

Looks obviously trump insufferable! He married Lois (after she got over her Silver-Age frumpiness), didn't he? Or so I've heard second-hand.

Yes, Swan's (here) and Schaffenberger's Lana are both hot. They seemed to enjoy drawing her more than Lois.

Jack

:gossip: I wouldn't know. I've never read a Superman story more recent than 1952 (shrug)

The late 10 cent issues are usually not seen as very difficult to obtain, but that can be quite untrue, escpecially in higher grades.

I found these next two Actions tto be quite elusive in the grades I was looking for, yet abundant otherwise.

Here are the last two 10 cent Action Comics covers:

act281cgc.jpg

Beautiful book, Silver. The black and blue/grays on this cover are nice to see.

I always think the Jor-El image is disappointing on this cover, though. He looks like a window dummy sat there!

ll7.jpg

It can appear as bad manners to post the same book as someone else, but as you like this book so much, Danny, if you want I will post my copy with yours so you can look at two together!

ll7.jpg

It can appear as bad manners to post the same book as someone else, but as you like this book so much, Danny, if you want I will post my copy with yours so you can look at two together!

Please do!

sweet run, Steel!!! they ARE tough in HG... or maybe just sitting in collections. Either way, they dont appear often for sale in as nice shape as your copies. Which Pedigree collections have runs out there somewhere in mylars? I never hear of any of them. The Clevelands were nice werent they? How about Bethlehems, WMs etc??

Ok, gonna add some Christmas cheer to this thread. Rudolph in the house. What a different series from DC, no ads in book, and only published once a year. Sometimes the back covers were very cool as well.

Here we go, 1950:

r1950a.jpg

r1950b.jpg