• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your 10 Cent-ers!
16 16

6,646 posts in this topic

This cover is just embarrassing. Pa's really lost it and poor Martha is considering a trial separation...

Superboy75.jpg

the expression on superboy's face is just classic!

Probably cause Superboy remembers the spanking Pa gave him 20 issues ago, and that one didn't hurt either!

sb55.jpg

Yeah, exactly!!

They must have had a pad full of ideas to recycle every couple of years. 27_laughing.gif

I wouldn't say that they recycled the ideas so much as all three of those stories are different. Batman had a rainbow cover or two as well (paging Steelcity). They were just devices to make the covers stand out.

They were just devices to make the covers stand out.

Well, if that was the goal then I'd say they succeeded. I love seeing them and I'm nowhere near a collector of "Super" type books. Keep em coming grin.gif

I don't know if I've posted this one in this thread (if I did, it was a while ago), but chronologically, it definitely fits in nicely with the latest gems from Steelcity!!!! This has the whitest pages I've seen in a book from this era.

adv237.jpg

I don't know if I've posted this one in this thread (if I did, it was a while ago), but chronologically, it definitely fits in nicely with the latest gems from Steelcity!!!! This has the whitest pages I've seen in a book from this era.

adv237.jpg

Very nice copy, FFB. Adventure Comics covers featured some nice backgrounds of downtown Smallville!

Yeah, exactly!!

They must have had a pad full of ideas to recycle every couple of years. 27_laughing.gif

I wouldn't say that they recycled the ideas so much as all three of those stories are different. Batman had a rainbow cover or two as well (paging Steelcity). They were just devices to make the covers stand out.

When it comes to rainbow covers featuring Batman, this one can't be bettered:

DetectiveComics184-1.jpg