• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your 10 Cent-ers!
16 16

6,658 posts in this topic

I will add a few!

Silver, you said you would like me to post a high resolution scan. What I will do later this week is post a book scanned at my usual 96dpi side by side with the same book scanned at 200dpi. I have always posted low resolution scans to keep file sizes low so as not to slow down the thread.

adv276.jpg

This is one of those strange, surreal covers that represents to me the classic DC appeal, that leaves so many other collectors cold. The DC magic either touches you or it doesn't. I have three copies of this book, which is just plain greedy!

I have an Adventure 276 as well, its such a great cover. And when they break out the lime green & magenta color scheme... cloud9.gif

The Adventure 269 should be in the key thread as well - 1st Aqualad!

It's done! Pleased to meet you, shiverbones. I have seen your Halloween thread - just love Halloween covers!

thanks steelcity! The pleasure is all mine thumbsup2.gif

One of my quiet collecting obsessions is Atom/ early DC SA green covers, something about that color green is sooooo nice, and that recently expanded to the magenta covers as well. Almost EVERY GA DC book is either red, yellow, or blue (occasional black, white or other variation of course) but then in 1951/52 or so they started changing the cover colors up with great results. I love em!

uh oh...starting to hear those crickets again...

The red-skirted Supergirl! Didn't a colorist make this mistake on another cover or story or two? Unless it's one of those clues that the reader is supposed to pick up to realize that it's a fake Supergirl.

Jack

(there could have been a whole Earth-R built around it!)

act262.jpg

thanks steelcity! The pleasure is all mine thumbsup2.gif

One of my quiet collecting obsessions is Atom/ early DC SA green covers, something about that color green is sooooo nice, and that recently expanded to the magenta covers as well. Almost EVERY GA DC book is either red, yellow, or blue (occasional black, white or other variation of course) but then in 1951/52 or so they started changing the cover colors up with great results. I love em!

What an interesting reason to seek out certain books! Which particular issues have the greatest appeal to you by reason of background color?