• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need help solving a problem

66 posts in this topic

Totally agree that it was a very thoughtful gift, and I've thanked for them hundreds of times. I really appreciate them.

The main ones I want to part with are the doubles (in some cases quadruples) and some (such as the Punisher) that I've just never had any interest in reading.

You guys all make great points. I appreciate all the help. I think I'm going to focus on enjoying them, only sell the ones I need to in order to make room for new stuff and quit worrying about tomorrow's problems.

Thanks!!

Whenever I have doubles, I put them in a drawer in my desk. When my nephews come over, they are super excited to pick out books. When my son is good, he gets super excited when I come up with a book from the drawer.

I've tried sales threads, but drek is drek.

Good luck (thumbs u

Can I put something up for trade instead of sale?

I'd be thrilled to replace some of this stuff with things I'm interested in. Could I trade a lot of something for other stuff of similar or even lesser value?

It was suggested here that I use mycomicshop. I've been adding stuff to that site, but they are not accepting anything I have. I've entered about 200 comics and they're interested in 3 or 4.

This will duplicate most of the sound advice you have already received, however the above info is pretty telling.

MCS will accept many books for pennies per copy, so if they were only interested in 3-4 out of 200, then enjoy them as reading material. Afterwards, garage sale, halloween, or donate.

When I say they wouldn't accept them, I mean there's a notation saying they aren't accepting any more for a certain amount of time. As little as one month, or as long as 14. I didn't really know what to make of that.

When I say they wouldn't accept them, I mean there's a notation saying they aren't accepting any more for a certain amount of time. As little as one month, or as long as 14. I didn't really know what to make of that.

Just means they have enough inventory on those books that they don't need any more right now. I've entered stuff in that had prices listed and then have them show up like you are seeing a week later, and vice versa.

I'm really enjoying it. There's a lot of stuff I've never even heard of. I'm looking at one right now called "Ecto Kid" it's a number one "from the mind of clive barker" I'm almost afraid to open it. :)

I just found a piece of non-drek in my new collection!! :)

I'm going through my comics, reading some of it, and setting some aside to donate or something, and I came across Cable #1. Boarded and bagged. Haven't tried to grade it yet (still learning about that) but one just sold on eBay for $65.

That just made my day!

Keep in mind that's a slabbed Cable 9.8 -a raw sold for less than $2.99

Really I would kill to have you stumble across something great!!!

Now don't be going on a killing spree for me, kav. I don't want to hear you giving me credit on the news for 15 people sprawled all over a comic shop.

Kav wouldn't do anything like that,but I would. I'm a killer for hire. :devil:

In fact I killed today.

Now don't be going on a killing spree for me, kav. I don't want to hear you giving me credit on the news for 15 people sprawled all over a comic shop.

In fact I killed today.

Some rats?

In fact I killed today.

Some rats?

And I wrapped it in a 50's war comic. :devil: