• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MARCH Contest : Round 2 : Overtime

37 posts in this topic

You dumped that beauty
screwy.gif sold to fin-uga 11/23/2003

...without disclosure

A big arse back cover scan of the book isn't enough disclosure? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I recall you making money on that book. You just lost money on the Marvel Feature 2 CGC 9.6! tonofbricks.gif

Defenders 1 CGC 9.4

bought from greggy 10/30/2002: $350

sold to fin-uga 11/23/2003: $356 winning bid less feebay and paypal ~$335 foreheadslap.gif

*edit* the one to fin-uga was another one I acquired later on sans nutsack creasage.... your fugly copy was flipped earlier for an even sadder loss frown.gif

GREGGY'S POS CGC 9.4 DEFENDERS 1 2nd Chance!(still love that auction title cloud9.gif ) sold to Eric L. in FL for a whopping $300 winning bid (~$285 less fees?)! foreheadslap.gif 02/28/2003

Marvel Feature 2 CGC 9.2

bought from Greggy - ? - I just show paypal records of $493.50 sent to you 7/21/2003 - what the f else did you fleece me for? and how much of that was for the MF 2? I would have the records but Arch wiped it out along with your 10000 PMs

sold to forumite gwentleaf for winning bid $65.01 on 1/9/2004 Happy New Year! 27_laughing.gif

Yeah I'd say I took a loss on that one tongue.gif

What's the lesson for today, kids? Don't ever buy from greggy...and fleece him whenever you've got some sweet sweet DC's or Wonder Woman marital aids to sell... poke2.gif

Defenders 1 CGC 9.4

bought from greggy 10/30/2002: $350

sold to fin-uga 11/23/2003: $356 winning bid less feebay and paypal ~$335 foreheadslap.gif

*edit* the one to fin-uga was another one I acquired later on sans nutsack creasage.... your fugly copy was flipped earlier for an even sadder loss frown.gif

GREGGY'S POS CGC 9.4 DEFENDERS 1 2nd Chance!(still love that auction title cloud9.gif ) sold to Eric L. in FL for a whopping $300 winning bid (~$285 less fees?)! foreheadslap.gif 02/28/2003

Marvel Feature 2 CGC 9.2

bought from Greggy - ? - I just show paypal records of $493.50 sent to you 7/21/2003 - what the f else did you fleece me for? and how much of that was for the MF 2? I would have the records but Arch wiped it out along with your 10000 PMs

sold to forumite gwentleaf for winning bid $65.01 on 1/9/2004 Happy New Year! 27_laughing.gif

Yeah I'd say I took a loss on that one tongue.gif

What's the lesson for today, kids? Don't ever buy from greggy...and fleece him whenever you've got some sweet sweet DC's or Wonder Woman marital aids to sell... poke2.gif

I sold you the MF 3 CGC 9.6. You suck at buying bronze. Better fleece the modern fools! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I sold you the MF 3 CGC 9.6. You suck at buying bronze. Better fleece the modern fools! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

MF 3 CGC 9.6 sold to barton 88 for $130.50 on 12/20/2003; what else was in the $493.50 deal between us?

I sold you the better Defenders 1 CGC 9.4 WP sans the nutsac crease! popcorn.gif

MF 3 CGC 9.6 sold to barton 88 for $130.50 on 12/20/2003; what else was in the $493.50 deal between us?

I sold you the better Defenders 1 CGC 9.4 WP sans the nutsac crease! popcorn.gif

I look forward then to our next crazy hass deal then screwy.gif - Maybe I should get in on the bronze DC horror action? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I look forward then to our next crazy hass deal then screwy.gif - Maybe I should get in on the bronze DC horror action? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Sure, I have lots to sell you and you can sell it at a loss in the near future. crazy.gif

Why are you still up fool? I'm working - prepping some stats and plans for a presentation tomorrow at 8AM? What's your excuse? sumo.gif

Sell me your Chilis and see how bad I'm out in a month or two foreheadslap.gif Why don't you have Marvel price variants? You are worthless to me...

Argh! You got me Jayman!

I thought I saw a hint of a couple flaws that could have knocked this down a notch at the bottom of the FC but decided against making the lower call. Guess the Nikos magic wasn't able to overcome them on this sub... It's darn tough to call all these 9+ grades from scans! Christo_pull_hair.gif

Go get 'em! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Warlord,

After we tied in round 2 and I saw that FF book I coulda swore I was going down!

I wasn't sure how CGC would grade on that top cover overhang. I was torn between 9.4-9.6 but I just couldn't give that book the Nikos-bump and stood my ground with 9.4. You were a mighty adversary O Warlord, see ya in Valhalla! hi.gif

Soon probably...

GRADES ARE IN;

5 ties and 5 eliminations, here are the results:

BTW the scan of the book is on my PC at work and will post it in the morning foreheadslap.gif

THE BOOK BTW is a CGC 9.2

#11 divadrabnud 9.0 vs. #32 namisgr 9.2 - winnernamisgr

#59 darthdiesel 9.2 vs. #5 drbanner 9.4 - winner darthdiesel

#28 imagemask 9.2 vs. #39 fan4fan 9.4 - winnerimagemask

#55 scrooge 9.4 vs. #43 ares 9.4 - TIE

#6 sfilosa 9.2 vs. #1 mrwoogieman 9.2 - TIE

#64 warlord 9.6 vs. #13 jayman 9.4 - winner jayman

#29 norrin radd 9.4 vs. ##63 Supremo 9.4 - TIE

#23 143ksk 9.4 vs. #20 blutobc 9.4 - TIE

#34 greggy 9.4 vs. #10 jeffreykli 9.6 - winner greggy

#2 redhook 9.2 vs. #12 dicex 9.2 - TIE

What sucks is that if I had been matched up against Greggy, I would have already moved on. frustrated.gif