• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The DC Landscape, Post Convergence

4 posts in this topic

So I'm spending Saturday morning updating my database with my new comic books, per usual, and I noticed something odd that happened.

When I was entering this weeks new books, I actually had to turn to the title page to get the full name of the artist and writer involved with some of the new books. Usually, I see the last name on the cover and instantly now the creators, but that was not the case with the new titles.

That was refreshing, as DC has been somewhat incestuous as of late.

I picked up Omega Men, Bizarro, and Midnighter. I haven't read Midnighter yet, but I enjoyed the heck out of the other two.

Omega Man was a somewhat complicated read, as a lot of the dialogue was in alien speak, but it rewards really well on rereads. And it looks gorgeous.

Bizarro fits in perfectly into the Harley Quinn corner of the DCU, and I wouldn't mind at all if he shows up in her title after his mini concludes.

So what are some of the new titles that people are enjoying out there?

I picked up Omega Men and enjoyed it very much, even with the alien speak and Alpha Alpha Alpha. Passed on other two for now but will probably pick up Midnighter. Like the Wildstorm characters!

Hmmm...I guess not too many people are sampling the new titles being released as part of DCYou.

It's a shame, as I've yet to be disappointed.

Constantine and Starfire were both top notch. I loved how Conner and Palmiotti were able to play up the naïveté of Starfire, while never making it seem that she was helpless in a world she doesn't completely understand. I enjoy her portrayal on Teen Titans Go!, and this is a great complimentary book.

This was the first issue of Hellblazer I've read since Andy Diggle (?) did a two-parter 6 or 7 years ago. I'm on board. Loved the art...very loose and sketchy. Loved the story...had just the right amount of Constantine being a , but never with any real malice in his heart.

I'm saving All-Star Section Eight for just the right mood. Hitman is a comic that I've dearly missed, and I almost don't want to go home again, but I can't resist. Ennis and McCrea together again, taking the out of DC's finest...count me in.

I picked up Omega Men, Midnighter and Constantine. I've only read Constantine so far, but I really liked it. I've been really busy the last couple of weeks and I'll weigh in on the others when I've had time to catch up on my reading