• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A comedy of errors on one CCS/CGC submission

28 posts in this topic

They should welcome this as alerting them to several problems they didn't know about.

I'm not seeing where OP is asking for help merely sharing info.

I suspect CGC will give you a credit and you will get your books early. It's just a clerical error, not a big deal. BTW, I would not feel safe with my debit card number floating around. You don't have the protection on your Debit Card like you do with your Credit Card. The only time I use my Debit Card is at the ATM. Too dangerous, your whole account is vulnerable.

I agree. I only used that debit card once with CCS over a year ago. I have no idea why CGC used it again for this most recent transaction. That's perhaps the most baffling part of this entire debacle.

Once this billing issue gets resolved I think it might be a good idea for me to cancel that debit card and have another one reissued.

What's especially troubling is that the information is shared between the two separate businesses. If they are truly completely separate businesses, they should have completely different accounting systems. Why do both have your debit card number if you used it only at CCS? Shouldn't this information be on CSS database only and not CGC? If this is the case, it makes you wonder what else they share.

I suspect CGC will give you a credit and you will get your books early. It's just a clerical error, not a big deal. BTW, I would not feel safe with my debit card number floating around. You don't have the protection on your Debit Card like you do with your Credit Card. The only time I use my Debit Card is at the ATM. Too dangerous, your whole account is vulnerable.

I agree. I only used that debit card once with CCS over a year ago. I have no idea why CGC used it again for this most recent transaction. That's perhaps the most baffling part of this entire debacle.

Once this billing issue gets resolved I think it might be a good idea for me to cancel that debit card and have another one reissued.

What's especially troubling is that the information is shared between the two separate businesses. If they are truly completely separate businesses, they should have completely different accounting systems. Why do both have your debit card number if you used it only at CCS? Shouldn't this information be on CSS database only and not CGC? If this is the case, it makes you wonder what else they share.

CCS and CGC are owned by the same parent company - why wouldn't they all use the same accounting system?

I've never assumed otherwise - whenever I do a CCS submission, I simply put "on file" for my payment info; it then gets billed to my CGC account.