• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Captain America 111

4 posts in this topic

so a few questions about this book.

1.is this heavy tanning or foxing? i have a problem sometimes with the difference.

2.ho bad does the tanning/foxing hurt the grade whats the highest it can get?

3.worth pressing?

2n64qy0.jpg[/img]

2z674m0.jpg[/img]

1 - this is moderate foxing, it can get much worse. Tanning covers the book evenly, this is mold that's growing/has grown into the pages.

2 - I think Overstreet used to allow moderate foxing in mid-grades, I don't know what CGC will say. There was another book on the PGM recently with a lot of foxing that fell between a 3.5-5.0. You'll probably get the same range on this one, although I lean towards the higher end.

3 - No book should be pressed, imo. However, I don't think you'll benefit, I don't see any creases or surface wear that need to be flattened out, and you can't clean or press away the foxing

It seems like fingerprint acids have caused all that becasue you can see the fingertip shapes.

5.0 imo