• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM - Batman #112 - Print Error?!

4 posts in this topic

Hi, I recently picked up this book and wonder whether perhaps it's an error printing? I'm new to the world of collecting comics so I was hoping one or two of you guys could shed a little light on it :)

As far as I can see it was printed with a complete absence of the colour blue. What sort of a grade would you give it and how might this defect affect the grade? It's not in the best of condition as you can see but even so it's one of my favorites!

In advance I'll say thanks for all help and opinion.

Dan

IMG_0002_zpsehrghmpq.jpg

IMG_0001_zpsgdeyqfcc.jpg

I think you're right about the printing... I have seen muted copies of that book before and I don't think it would affect the grade.

The scan is a little small, but I'd say somewhere around a 3.0.

Thanks for your input.

I find it quite strange there is blue on the back cover. Also, it appears that the previous owner had a go at colour touch. Look at the A in the title, it looks like a crude attempt at disguising damage there.

Regarding scans; I didn't alter them in any way, just straight to photobucket and posted from the direct link. The originals are huge. Is there a way to display them larger here?

I see what you're looking at in the 'A'... it could be CT.

And as for Photobucket, I believe there's an option in settings to upload /display large size images. If you check that box then you should be good.

That's the way it used to work at least.