• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mister Miracle - Key Issues

13 posts in this topic

Fellow comic book fans :3

I just wanted to know of the key issues regarding Mister Miracle; these are the one's I'm aware of:

Mister Miracle #1

1st appearance of Mr. Miracle and Oberon

Mister Miracle #2

1st appearance of Granny Goodness

Does anyone know the rest? ~

All comments are very much welcomed.

On an eighteen issue series I’d say each and every issue is somewhat a "key issue" – same goes for the other Fourth World titles… You need them all to read the story.

Especially the first 6 issues which all had at least one first appearance. #15 has the origin of Mister Miracle.

well 18 issues that Kirby was involved in-- the series was revisited 4 years later and eventually went to 25 (vol 1).

I only collected the Kirby issues--

well 18 issues that Kirby was involved in-- the series was revisited 4 years later and eventually went to 25 (vol 1).

Okay, but even if they picked up the numbering, four years late to me means it’s not the same series. Aside from this, my personal feeling about the Fourth World is that it was something very personal from Kirby, and from Kirby alone as an author.

By merging them with their characters, DC basically deprived them of their uniqueness. To me, aside from the anomaly of Jimmy Olsen (which is very original regardless), the Fourth World is a thing of its own. Nothing comparable before, nothing afterwards. :)

Is #15 the origin? Because for CGC's consensus it states,

"Origin and 1st appearance of Shilo Norman"

:grin: The first comic con I went to 35 years ago I picked #15 up based on the cover copy, expecting it to be the Mr Miracle origin. Instead, the promised origin for "the newest, most sensational young super-hero in comics!" turned out to be... Shilo Norman? :insane:

I guess Kirby eventually was intending him to be the next Mr Miracle, had the series continued. (shrug)

If there is a real origin issue of the Scott Free Mr Miracle, it is #9. Although earlier issues do tease the backstory in flashbacks.

Is #15 the origin? Because for CGC's consensus it states,

"Origin and 1st appearance of Shilo Norman"

:grin: The first comic con I went to 35 years ago I picked #15 up based on the cover copy, expecting it to be the Mr Miracle origin. Instead, the promised origin for "the newest, most sensational young super-hero in comics!" turned out to be... Shilo Norman? :insane:

I guess Kirby eventually was intending him to be the next Mr Miracle, had the series continued. (shrug)

If there is a real origin issue of the Scott Free Mr Miracle, it is #9. Although earlier issues do tease the backstory in flashbacks.

sorry--- I was taking that info from a source that was incorrect.