• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman Confidential posted by BBOY

2 posts in this topic

Batgirl!

In Batman Confidential issues #17-21, Batgirl is the main character in 'The Bat and The Cat' storyline, one of my modern favorites. Before teaming up with Catwoman, the two clash, winding up with a semi-'revealing' costume for Barbara Gordon.

I met the artist Kevin Maguire a year ago, and mentioned how I loved his art from those books (he also did an ASM #1 variant cover last year, which I thought was the best of the bunch that came out). Was thinking at that time a Batgirl art piece would be really cool. Finally met him again at NYCC Special Edition last weekend, and asked him to do a recreation of Batgirl on a comic!

Being an artist myself, I had a couple minor requests regarding color highlights, and Kevin was kind enough to do it. What great art! Looks a little more 3-D than the printed comic version lol.

Here's a pic before he signed it, and before it went off for grading-

My 1st colored sketch cover.

Enjoy!

16681.jpg

See more journals by BBOY