• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2015 CGC Green Eggs Grading Contest- Round 1 Results

40 posts in this topic

wow....just wow. that second book. :facepalm:

Talk about a gift grade - if I sold all my books that looked like that as 6.5's I'd got to Hell for sure.

EXACTLY !! Y'all realize that 6.5 is only a grade away from 7.0 !! A 7.0 !! :sumo:

If I was selling on the bay and advertised as a 6.5 .... I'd be terrified of the after shock

Talk about a gift grade - if I sold all my books that looked like that as 6.5's I'd got to Hell for sure.

EXACTLY !! Y'all realize that 6.5 is only a grade away from 7.0 !! A 7.0 !! :sumo:

If I was selling on the bay and advertised as a 6.5 .... I'd be terrified of the after shock

I called that Avengers 57 at 7.0,and the Supes 88 at 4.0. doh!

The Avengers #57 was tough for me as it is structurally sound and I'm never sure how hard CGC is going to be on stains. I know they are generally easy on foxing, but i didn't read the stains as such, it looked more like somebody had taken the book to a BBQ. I gambled on harsher grading with a 5.0

Such is the danger of judging by scan, especially as flaws like that can pop. I can see 8.0 without the foxing, but with it, sorry, that grade doesn't fly.

While I did almost as poorly in grading the WF, I'll chalk that up to looking at the big scan first and being influenced by the grade 427Impaler had just posted for his Sensation 107 in his PGM thread. In retrospect my 4.5 guess was a bit harsh, though still not worthy of a 6.5 in my not so humble opinion.

Instead of just probably?

I know they are generally easy on foxing, but i didn't read the stains as such, it looked more like somebody had taken the book to a BBQ.

lol Right there with you. It also looked like the stains glopped over the tops of the pages in the ULC... I didn't know foxing could do that.

I know they are generally easy on foxing, but i didn't read the stains as such, it looked more like somebody had taken the book to a BBQ.

lol Right there with you. It also looked like the stains glopped over the tops of the pages in the ULC... I didn't know foxing could do that.

I didn't know glopped was a word. :baiting:

I didn't know glopped was a word. :baiting:

We're both learning a lot from this book! :whee:

I called that Avengers 57 at 7.0,and the Supes 88 at 4.0. doh!

You were wrong.

think of it this way-- now when you use that line "I am not a professional grader and opinions vary when it comes to grading" in your next eBay offering-- you can really mean it.

I prefer "Grading is subjective and you may be doing it wrong."

I just noticed that 7 people got a bullseye and a minus one score. That's a lot :o

without looking at it, I bet most of those were bulls eye on the Avengers and whiffs on the WF

that book was just crazy to figure out based on the high res scans. Perhaps it was GA bias by CGC-- not sure. I always struggle with those types of books