• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A small color break crease.

20 posts in this topic

What is the opinion of a small (1/16) color break crease close to a top corner of a book affect the grade? If all other corners are sharp and no other problems. Would that keep it out of a 9.4 range? Presently I don't have the scan available and it is a silver age DC.

Thanks for any feedback.

Steve

What is the opinion of a small (1/16) color break crease close to a top corner of a book affect the grade? If all other corners are sharp and no other problems. Would that keep it out of a 9.4 range? Presently I don't have the scan available and it is a silver age DC.

Thanks for any feedback.

Steve

If there is absolutely no other wear at all, not only could it still be a 9.4, but if it's light enough, it could be a 9.6.

You think? Even if it does break color?

If it is just one of those teeny, tiny 1/16th inch spider-stress lines on the spine that barely breaks color and all four corners are sharp and there's no other defects or wear, you will almost certainly get a 9.6. Unless there is some other defect that you can't see, I would almost guarantee you at least a 9.4.

Hey Rube.. head over to Comiclink, Pedigree, or any Site that has HG slabs for sale.

You can see for yourself a wide variety of 9.2-9.8 books , and see how they grade out, even with a few minor flaws.

It will give you a better idea of how the comic you have in hand.. might fare under the CGC microscope.

Ze-

Thanks! Do you think they would be harder on a black background? I mean graded more critical.

No, I think they would grade the flaw the same as any other book. Black covers just show the wear more clearly.

Do you have a scan of the book you're looking at?

Seriously,

The ASM #103 must be one of those books you have to see in person to appreciate. yeahok.gif

You think? Even if it does break color?

If it is just one of those teeny, tiny 1/16th inch spider-stress lines on the spine that barely breaks color and all four corners are sharp and there's no other defects or wear, you will almost certainly get a 9.6. Unless there is some other defect that you can't see, I would almost guarantee you at least a 9.4.

yay.gif