• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: TTA 27

16 posts in this topic

I was trying to figure out how far the spine is split from the bottom corner. If it's below the bottom staple, 1.8. Less if the split keeps going.

What's the orange I'm seeing along the spine behind the ant's head? Is that also a split, or some kind of glue or paper filler to keep the spine together?

It's got stains, It's got spine split, It's got folds, It's got chipping. But...

It doesn't have too much of any of those. Over all the cover is pretty clean and well presenting. It would really surprise me if it was as low as a 1.8. I would think 2.5 is more likely than 1.8.

2c

EDIT: But the discoloration/coloring around the ant's head is worrying.

Had me freaked out for a second, so I did some digging. That yellow coloration along the spine is actually from the wrap - it's part of the back cover coming around.

I took a zoomed in shot from the high res version of my image, and put it next to a slabbed copy with a similar wrap. The same coloration on the spine is visible:

3L9fLkg.jpg

I'm quite certain there's no resto.