• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel characters that could defeat Superman

53 posts in this topic

Ps in one early FF story Sue was scolding the guys for 'ganging up' on Subby. Like they never did that to Doc Doom, Mole Man, Stupor Skrull etc etc etc

And she was right there 'ganging up' with them

That's 'cause Sue had the hots for Namor :blush:

I'm surprised no one mentioned Dr. Strange, especially considering that magic is Superman's main weakness (more-so than Kryptonite IMO).

Second to last post on first page :baiting:

:facepalm: Shouldn't have skimmed

I may have to get that one to read...

Superheros can never defeat each other. No matter if Spiderman is fighting Thor-it will come out a draw then they'll shake hands over the misunderstanding and go after the bad guy.

So true. Lame...

hm

Except for Daredevil 7 where the Sub-Mariner trounces the underpowered DD, FF 25 where the Hulk beats the Thing, or Thor 126 when Hercules defeats Thor ...

I havent read DD but the thing wasn't actually trounced he got in some good licks and wasn't knocked out or anything and herc defeated thor because Odin took away 1/2 his power....

All three stories I referenced did not end in a draw and a handshake. Marvel superheroes did defeat each other.

This is what I was responding to. (shrug)

DD got trounced by Subby, but good.

I didn't say the Thing was trounced I said he was beat by the Hulk - the Thing collapsed.

I'm aware Odin halved Thor's strength, but Hercules clearly defeated Thor in that story.

The claim "superheroes never defeat each other" and the follow up remark that that's "true and lame" aren't correct.

Also see Incredible Hulk Annual 1 2001 to see the Hulk defeat Thor, beats him to unconsciousness.

The claim "superheroes never defeat each other" and the follow up remark that that's "true and lame" aren't correct.

But everyone is looking at it differently.

You can view this conversation from a realistic POV, which means that virtually any character can defeat any other character, if the writer decides to push it that way. Remember Spidey defeating Firelord?

You can also look at it from a comic-centric viewpoint, which is even more troubling since different writers have different takes on different characters, and depending on the goal of the story, one guy could beat another senseless in one issue and have the reverse happen in another.

That Odin-Butt is a great example, as the old fart wasn't exactly stepping up in previous attacks/appearances, and in fact, was in awe of Galactus and his power. But all it takes is one writer deciding he wants a cool splash page and suddenly Odin is Jack Reacher.