• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HEROES 2016!!!!! JUNE 17-19

305 posts in this topic

I'm considering attending my first convention outside California this year...

I've heard good things about this show, and am hoping people who regularly attend it could share their thoughts on the following:

- Is it possible to do this show in only two days if I collect primarily Silver Age books, or would it be safer to plan for all three days?

- Does this show usually release an exhibitor list? I'm assuming one might become available in early June...

- Which hotel is better, the Hilton or the Westin?

Any comments would be much appreciated!

I've heard good things about this show, and am hoping people who regularly attend it could share their thoughts on the following:

- Is it possible to do this show in only two days if I collect primarily Silver Age books, or would it be safer to plan for all three days?

- Does this show usually release an exhibitor list? I'm assuming one might become available in early June...

- honestly if you grind your comic hunting you can probably knock out the show in a day. Especially fridays. Saturday is usually a zoo.

- usually full list in available in Early June

- i personally prefer the Westin as its literally right next door. Hilton is about a block down. Most artists etc will be at the Westin.

- honestly if you grind your comic hunting you can probably knock out the show in a day. Especially fridays. Saturday is usually a zoo.

- i personally prefer the Westin as its literally right next door. Hilton is about a block down. Most artists etc will be at the Westin.

Thanks for the info...I really appreciate it!

Bit id say stay for at least 2 days! there are usually some really good panels, they have an art auction at the westin on saturdays as well. Really fun times!

Bit id say stay for at least 2 days! there are usually some really good panels, they have an art auction at the westin on saturdays as well. Really fun times!

This is exactly what I was going to say... You can do the book browsing in one day, but it's worth it to do a couple days and just hang out at the events. The art auction is usually pretty fun.

The Westin is the only place my wife wants to stay in downtown Charlotte. She loves it, and we stay there every year even if it's cheaper to stay elsewhere.

Plus it always smells amazing in the lobby.

Probably will take two days to really peruse the entire floor

Exhibitor list is usually up a few weeks before the show - Believe me - there are tons of top notch dealers

Both hotels are great - the Westin is probably better

There is definitely original art but it's a sea of comic book vendors and artist. From big books to 5 for a $1 books you will see it at Heroes.

Thanks everyone for all the responses!

Would you say this show is a bit more focused on original art than comics? My friend said he heard something to this effect about this show...

there is a bunch of OA stuff there. Shelton brings in so many artists that they usually have a big selection they bring as well. But this is first and foremost a COMIC book convention. :)

Two things to watch out for - terrible cell phone service if you have ATT and don't try the CheerWine since its addictive.

Two things to watch out for - terrible cell phone service if you have ATT and don't try the CheerWine since its addictive.

Cant stress this enough. Having at&t is horrible in that place. I had to go outside several times to check GPA etc during the show.

Really, it's probably the most under rated show in the country.

Add to that it's massive guest list, it's roomy show floor, great local food and downtown area....

It doesn't get too crazy either, even on Saturday...at least not compared to WW Chicago.

is it sad that i get just as excited for Fuel Pizza as i do the show?

I moved to Seattle from Charlotte last year and I miss Fuel's cheese fries like a lover. :luhv:

Cant stress this enough. Having at&t is horrible in that place. I had to go outside several times to check GPA etc during the show.

Try being a seller - I had to go to the top of the main escalator to run any credit cards. That was my biggest complaint of the Con and it was only Att.

Try being a seller - I had to go to the top of the main escalator to run any credit cards. That was my biggest complaint of the Con and it was only Att.

Don't be so cheap, rent a Verizon wireless hotspot for the weekend 2c

:foryou: