• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Selling the Unsellable by Tnerb

3 posts in this topic

Or I'm getting Married!!!

Many of us created a top ten list of the graded comic books we would never get rid of. I recently sold two of them. After purchasing a car and my upcoming nuptials one might think I just need the money. Fortunately I don't. Collecting CGC graded comic books is still something I very much enjoy, I just have to change how I collect. All my invoices are closed and I have one left at CCS. I might be a little crazy there, but more on that later.

As for the two comic books I sold, they were New Mutants #1 in a 9.9 and X-Men #109 in a SS 9.8. The 9.9 wasn't an easy sell, but I was consoled by my New Mutants #1 in a 2X SS 9.8 and what I put some of the money for. I still plan on going after my birthday books, but what I got from Comic Link was something I couldn't afford not to pass on.

Issue 15 of the New Mutants was essential into beginning my comic book collection. Issue 1 of the same series is what had me start collecting CGC graded comic books religiously, but it was one day following a Heritage Auction weekly auction I started getting some original artwork. I purchased the first page of issue 15, last week I purchased the last page, even though I have many more to go, I just hope I still get to keep the other eight of my top ten unsellable comic books.

Thanks for Reading

Tnerb

16695.jpg

See more journals by Tnerb

I know that hurt letting those two go Tnerb. You did good with this page though. Its one of kind, from the book that means more to you than any other, and it's not something you see for sale every day. Original art is not cheap, but man the feeling of holding in your hands the very piece that all the printed issues were made from...priceless. Congrats again my friend!