• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JLA # 47 cover (1966) stolen. 5K cash reward.

28 posts in this topic

If I had art stolen, I would actually keep quiet about it being stolen because it'll more than likely turn up in someone's collection, once it comes to auction, you call the police to get it back, which sucks for someone who paid 5-6 figures for a piece of art legally then having to give it back cause it was stolen.

If I had art stolen, I would actually keep quiet about it being stolen because it'll more than likely turn up in someone's collection, once it comes to auction, you call the police to get it back, which sucks for someone who paid 5-6 figures for a piece of art legally then having to give it back cause it was stolen.

What then if an innocent party were to purchase the piece. Stolen art is much more likely to passed off at a comic show for cash than auctioned where anyone can see it and have it traced it back to the thief. He is doing the right thing.

What then if an innocent party were to purchase the piece. Stolen art is much more likely to passed off at a comic show for cash than auctioned where anyone can see it and have it traced it back to the thief. He is doing the right thing.

It'll turn up some where eventually.

For it to work with the police (and this is a broad generalization, I'm sure it varies state by state for particulars) you need to stop the statue of limitations clock. First step file a police report and then (again, generally) you need to announce the loss, police report details soon thereafter publicly and continue to do annually, every three years, whatever...to meet the legal requirement of the item NOT being abandoned property. People that get paid for this advice professionally -feel free to correct my errors and omissions!

For it to work with the police (and this is a broad generalization, I'm sure it varies state by state for particulars) you need to stop the statue of limitations clock. First step file a police report and then (again, generally) you need to announce the loss, police report details soon thereafter publicly and continue to do annually, every three years, whatever...to meet the legal requirement of the item NOT being abandoned property. People that get paid for this advice professionally -feel free to correct my errors and omissions!

If I correct the errors, will I get my $750/hr? We bill in 6 minute increments just FYI.

If I correct the errors, will I get my $750/hr? We bill in 6 minute increments just FYI.

Nice! Please do, and send the bill to Kevin76 lol:)