• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stan Lee is a......GIANT

15 posts in this topic

/danger/

So let's establish a new rule of collecting, just for the sake of argument. :)

Rule The First of Comic Collecting

1. Any current collector must own one Stan Lee certified SS comic.

Query

What one SS book would you own or what comic would you have Stan sign in order to satisfy the one and only singular first rule of comic collecting?

After all, he is a Giant of the medium, right?

For me, I'd probably go with X-Men #1.

/danger/

So let's establish a new rule of collecting, just for the sake of argument. :)

Rule The First of Comic Collecting

1. Any current collector must own one Stan Lee certified SS comic.

Query

What one SS book would you own or what comic would you have Stan sign in order to satisfy the one and only singular first rule of comic collecting?

After all, he is a Giant of the medium, right?

For me, I'd probably go with X-Men #1.

I prefer a sig on the first page, not the cover. And on high grade books, not at all. So, since I will never have a high grade copy of this book, I would go with AF 15 signed on the first page by Stan.

I have only one Stan Lee signature series comic and it is a copy of Thor #167 CGC graded 7.5. I have always loved the cover by John Romita with Loki towering over a weeping Dr. Don Blake and a image of Thor behind him.

To me a Stan signature has to go on a Kirby book because they were so intertwined.

I have a TOS3 signed by him, but would happily upgrade to a FF1!

not sure if you were responding to WEBHEAD with that but he has the ultimate Stan Lee intertwined book in AF 15 the way I see it-- Kirby cover, Ditko pencils

My fave is my TTA #13... Raw,it has one non Groot story panel cut out...but signed in ball point pen on the front cover by Stan,and on the splash by Mr Kirby.not SS but this book came from the fellow that got both signatures.When I sat at his booth to look at,read it,we are old friends,I pointed out the missing panel....he smiled and said,'well,its worthless now,you better take it home with you then'I didnt argue,but made him let me buy him lunch.this was before the grootstorm of course,and this book is coming to the grave with me.