• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My HEROESCON 2015 Report (with pics) || All Welcome to Contribute

64 posts in this topic

Great report Ryan. Those sigs and sketches were very cool to see in person and it was great to finally meet you in person.

Thanks for the report Ryan! I'll make it to Heroes some day

As I was about to pose with Stan, I told him thanks for entertaining us all of these years. He said, "thank you for your graciousness." As I was leaving, I said "you helped make all of this possible." He turned as I was leaving and nodded. Priceless! :cloud9:

Sounds like you got more than the 6 seconds or so my daughter had with Shatner during a photo op. (thumbs u

In fairness to Shatner (based on my experience at least), he loves to talk and it's his agent who rushes people along.

Thanks for the report Ryan! I'll make it to Heroes some day

As I was about to pose with Stan, I told him thanks for entertaining us all of these years. He said, "thank you for your graciousness." As I was leaving, I said "you helped make all of this possible." He turned as I was leaving and nodded. Priceless! :cloud9:

Sounds like you got more than the 6 seconds or so my daughter had with Shatner during a photo op. (thumbs u

In fairness to Shatner (based on my experience at least), he loves to talk and it's his agent who rushes people along.

I probably had about 30 seconds with him. I was near the end of the line so I tried to linger a bit. His people do try to run them through very fast also. He seemed very appreciative that someone actually interacted with him. Whenever I meet someone famous, I try to interact with conversation or a handshake or a thank you. Usually I get interaction in return, which to me is just as special as a photo or sig. :cloud9:

Great report! Sadly it seems most books at big shows are high retial or at record prices.
The Golden Age prices at this show were through the roof. Some of the highest I have ever seen. It seemed good for people filling runs on general collecting though. One example that stood out to me was a dealer asking a huge amount for a Marvel Mystery 8 missing two centerfolds. He was asking the same price for it that I bought my low graded complete copy for at an internet auction. I did a little calculating and most books were priced a grade and a half high or more for cool covers etc. All in All though it was fun to see all that stuff in one room. JB

Thanks for the Pics Ryan, I attempted a few but most of my time and picture taking was wrapped around chasing my crazy four year old daughter around. lol This was her second Heroes and both her and my wife had an awesome time. I think that's the best part about THIS convention, it's truly a family event and the atmosphere screams that. The artists, dealers and convention folk were all so nice and very accommodating to my incredibly excited daughter. A big shout out to anyone and everyone who went in costume to the show, nine times out of ten I took a picture of you with my little girl. Thank you. (worship)

My brother came up from Charleston and my brotha from anotha mutha ChasingKingKirby (Mike) came down from Virginia for the weekend. A great time was had by all. All three of us found some solid deals, with the two of them loving the wheeling and dealing. I managed to get a solid, mid grade copy of FF48 for well under GPA so I was thrilled. Now it's time to sit and count the days till next year. :cry:

The photos hurt my eyes, next year try shaking the camera just as you take the photo or tilt the camera to make the floor seem off kilter.

Thanks for trying though.

Great show. Merchandise wise it was the best in years. I filled several gaps in my GA collection. Friday was for buying, Saturday was insane though. Glad I wasn't in that line. Sunday was very chill.

Btw that's my bff as Skeletor and if you saw Aquaman & Mera that was me and my fiancee.

Btw that's my bff as Skeletor and if you saw Aquaman & Mera that was me and my fiancee.

There is a good chance then that I have a picture of my grandson with your bff. Unless there was someone else dressed as Skeletor.

Psy

nice pick up on the comics...really loving that new mutants annual 2 and Iron man 169 demon in a bottle, is that a first printing of the death of captain marvel? i miss comic cons so much being overseas...i have to settle for anime conventions. Just not the same!!! :(

I'll add my 2cents.

The line to get in was longer than usual.

This was the pre-registration line.

We call this the 'Stan Lee effect'

20150619_105552.jpg

Selfies while we wait --

No clue why my camera is in opposite/backwards mode --

20150619_105245.jpg

CBCS and CGC had near identical tables.

Both same size.

Both up front.

One on the left, one on the right.

20150619_142637.jpg

COSPLAY is a decent part of the con.

It's not too much (like at DragonCon);

I'd say 10% of the convention?

20150619_185741.jpg

20150620_121105.jpg

This was my favorite.

20150620_103651.jpg

THIS is the Stan Lee line.

At first i thought $100 was too much for an autograph.

Then i realized the demand is definitely there.

The price simply matches the demand.

20150620_111040.jpg

^^ I'm 90% sure STAN is actually behind the black curtain.

After talking to people who paid (not myself);

You wait, then go into the closed off section.

No way to get a photo of STAN without paying.

nice pick up on the comics...really loving that new mutants annual 2 and Iron man 169 demon in a bottle, is that a first printing of the death of captain marvel? i miss comic cons so much being overseas...i have to settle for anime conventions. Just not the same!!! :(

8th print lol

I bought it to have one at a fraction of the cost of a 1st print

I'll put together a trip report of my own since it was my rookie sales Con but here are a couple highlights in terms of books that seemed hottest.

I must have had 20 request for Fantastic Four 48 in lower grade. Brock had some high grade slabs and even those got a lot of action.

4 or 5 guys asked for FF 5 in any grade. I've never owned one but it definitely was one people wanted.

NYX 3 seemed to be hard to find and a few of the dealers came around asking for copies.

I sold 3 copies of EOS 2 at aggressive prices but that may have been because the artist was there signing for free.

The usual books of ASM 129, IM 181, NM 98, ASM 300 and BA 12 sold quickly but that's not a shock.