• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC at Heroes Convention in Charlotte?

72 posts in this topic

OK gang, we about a month away from the Charlotte ComicCon. The reason for this post is to:

1. Initiate communications on a convenient and cost effective restaurant for dinner/drinks after the day's events

Once we determine the location, I will communicate to the restaurant for reservations and to attempt to negotiate fixed pricing so everyone will know how much to bring. Since this may be somewhat engaging, post into this thread.

2. Determine which day is appropriate.

Simply PM me on which day will work.

3. Get a list of everyone that can commit to the dinner.

Simply PM me if you can commit to the dinner

• Administrator

Right now I know that Harshen, Andy and myself will be at Heroes con. As Steve said, we will be taking submissions and asking questions, but not grading on site.

See you all there! thumbsup2.gif

Right now I know that Harshen, Andy and myself will be at Heroes con. As Steve said, we will be taking submissions and asking questions, but not grading on site.

See you all there! thumbsup2.gif

Hey, we're the ones asking the questions around here, young lady! mad.gif

stooges.gif

dude i hear star wars stuff is mega white hot these days. just hotter than a room full of penthouse chicks getting all freeeeaky

on-site submission discount for forumites? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

They are taking submissions, so you can use any third party to secure a discount (like Heritage). Plus, you save shipping to Sarasota since they will be going back with all of the books submitted at the con.

If they were doing onsite grading, however, you would not get this break.

Anyone from CGC please correct me if I am incorrect.

dude i hear star wars stuff is mega white hot these days. just hotter than a room full of penthouse chicks getting all freeeeaky

What is Star Wars? Never heard of it. So it can't be hot. Nice try though. I do have mega-hot books like Power Pack and NFL Super-pro, but I will probably get them graded at the show.

daaaaaayyyy-ummmm. Power Pack is mega-hot, you say?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

i got me a sweet sweet SWEET run of ROMs that i need plasticed up, maybe i'll get them dropped in there. Akins & Garvey totally RULE

hey, we going out for dinner, or what?

let's say Friday, just to get that out of the way. Plus, that'll give you a day to make enouugh scratch selling some sweet New Universe runs to go someplace half-decent.

Actually, Charlotte is chockablock full of good restaurants, so since you're the out of towners, let me know what kind of food you and the lil lady like, and we can get a good place lined up

Actually, Charlotte is chockablock full of good restaurants, so since you're the out of towners, let me know what kind of food you and the lil lady like, and we can get a good place lined up

Sorry for the delay I've been in the UK for work. We usually go to some sports bar place close to the convention center. The night before that 1 day show we went to Wild Wings. A change would be great though. I'll have to ask Ana the name of the place she is making me take her on saturday for her b-day, but I'm sure it will be ridiculous. But after being in the UK for a week, nothing can be that bad money wise.