• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Advices about buing a nice FF lot...

11 posts in this topic

That looks to be around 45% of guide. If you can see them first hand or you trust the person grading them, and they are for your personal collection that seems like a nice price. If you were buying them to sell seperately, I don't know if there is much room for profit unless they are undergraded.

If you're not sure about the accuracy of the grades it may not be such a good deal. If an advertised 6.0 book turns out to be a 5.0 then the guide value drops 17% - if an advertised 8.0 turns out to be a 7.0, then the value drops closer to 40%.

to everyone

450$ for the below FF lot is it a good price to jump into?!

> > FF #

31 FN

35 FN

36 FN

> 50 VF-/VF

> 51 FN/VF

> 56 VF

> 61 VF

> 63 VF+

> 64 VF/NM

> 65 VF

> 66 FN+

> 73 VF+

> 81 VF

> 100 VF-

> FF ANNUAL #5 FN+/VF-

thanks in advance, regards!

Pass. You can find those books in those grades all over the place.

pedro --

don't forget to factor in the shipping costs for picking those books up individually on ebay and elsewhere

maybe knock him down another $50 (or get him to throw in more books for the same $450) and you'll be ok considering you could be spending another $30-75 to ship all those books if you pick them up separately.

could you do better? yes, probably if you went to a show and haggled with the right dealer you could. ebay, given overgrades, thieves and s/h is trickier to predict.

flying donut -- why do you knock the exact sorts of books that you tend to sell on ebay? the guy here is not trying to make a quick flip, this is for his collection. if a quick flip on ebay, yeah, there's no profit in that lot (and probably a loss) unless, maybe, you slab the #50 and get lucky.

pedro --

don't forget to factor in the shipping costs for picking those books up individually on ebay and elsewhere

maybe knock him down another $50 (or get him to throw in more books for the same $450) and you'll be ok considering you could be spending another $30-75 to ship all those books if you pick them up separately.

could you do better? yes, probably if you went to a show and haggled with the right dealer you could. ebay, given overgrades, thieves and s/h is trickier to predict.

flying donut -- why do you knock the exact sorts of books that you tend to sell on ebay? the guy here is not trying to make a quick flip, this is for his collection. if a quick flip on ebay, yeah, there's no profit in that lot (and probably a loss) unless, maybe, you slab the #50 and get lucky.

Thanks for the reply.

You cover some interesting points on your comments:

- yep, the fact that this is one nice lot and that i don't need to spend ("a lot", remember i live outside the USA) of money on different buyings helps on accepting the offer

more

- the seller grades accurately, or at least i never felt like walking from a deal on a lesser positive way is also a good point.

and

- the fact that the lot's price is only at 45% to 40% of the price guide is also a final yes and a nice filling in for my coll.

could i do better?! we always can, but lookingg at this one, i'll hardly think...or at least in a near future (specially with the FF's fever gaining up and the slightly increasing prices...)

oh, and shipping is included! wink.gifgrin.gif

regards

I've always found that it's easier to get a dealer to toss in some more merchandise for the same price than to lower an already discounted price. Back when nobody cared about BA unless it was spidey x-men or a key, it was once a nice way to get a stack of 50-75 VF to NM BA Marvels/DCs tossed in when the silver age deal was worth a few hundred bucks to the dealer.